Tumble Dryer Fires

Zooropa

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone here with the faulty tumble dryers,i had a hotpoint aquarius but after watching the news and hearing about them setting on fire i thought f..K that especially with having 3 kids and the wife in the house so phoned hotpoint and was given a 5 month wait for the engineer to turn up and heard even after they,ve been they were still dangerous too be used so was also offered a new white tumble dryer condensor for £99 but as my kitchen is dark the wife didnt want it and also didnt really want another hotpoint seeing as they've messed around thousands of customers so went currys a got a hoover condensor and so glad i did just for my familys safety ....Never again guner buy hotpoint,indesit or creda :Angryfire

Anyone here with the faulty tumble dryers,i had a hotpoint aquarius but after watching the news and hearing about them setting on fire i thought f..K that especially with having 3 kids and the wife in the house so phoned hotpoint and was given a 5 month wait for the engineer to turn up and heard even after they,ve been they were still dangerous too be used so was also offered a new white tumble dryer condensor for £99 but as my kitchen is dark the wife didnt want it and also didnt really want another hotpoint seeing as they've messed around thousands of customers so went currys a got a hoover condensor and so glad i did just for my familys safety ....Never again guner buy hotpoint,indesit or creda :Angryfire

Or Beko. Beko : Important Product Information for Beko 6kg & 7kg Condenser Tumble Dryers :(

You wait friggin hoover will be next after forking out for a new one

Sent from my XT1562 using Tapatalk

Mine is also one of the affected,been told about 8 week wait to get seen/repaired not happy at all, as six in the household its a vital and well used item

Had mine done lately, it developed another fault and was out of warranty.
Guy came out to fix the fault with the drum and he told me of the product recall, this was just before it hit the news.
Normally €50 to fix the machine, he told me that for €99 i could get the drum replaced and the new back plate that stops the fires.
He said that this would give me three months warranty on the machine, and in March to report the motor faulty so basically will have a new machine for the €99.

Now the important bit, you will not believe how much lint is in the inside of these machines, it is caked solid all over the inside of the machine, you could almost fill a black bin bag with the amount of lint.
If you are waiting on an engineer i would screw off the back panel and hoover it out until the replacement panel arrives.

for £99 you can get new machine if its over 1 year old, if you dont want to wait for repair.

My dryer was only 6 months old and they still did the exchange..offered me a repair around June time or a new one for £99 if over a year old but they still did the exchange just did it all online.
Got the new one yesterday for the £99 and they then stuck a missive red label on recalled dryer and took it away..
New one is so much better..half the noise of the old one and plenty of drying choices looks quite futuristic as well...glad I took the exchange.

If it's only 6 months old u should of been offered one for free mate

If it's only 6 months old u should of been offered one for free mate

Yes but I'm actually really happy..
Just used the new one for the very first time and it's brilliant in comparison..
My old new dryer would always take 80-90 mins to dry a full load.no matter what was in there..
I set new dryer to the cupboard dry setting and a time of 60 mins came up then when I filled dryer and started it dryer display said sensing and changed time to 27 mins..I thought yeah what ever never dry in that time but hey presto it did..can not believe how quick it dried..so I'm super happy with the £99 exchange..the old new dryer only cost £160 new plus £99 makes £259..The dryer new to buy is £299 so I got a little bit of a deal..so very impressed with the new one..only wish it had wifi.

Back in the day, they used to make quality home appliances that could last for decades. Today, you are lucky if it lasts for over 5 years.

How did you guys get offered this deal ? i booked the repair online but never seen anything about a £99 replacement !

I did that first then a month or so later they sent another email with a link that took me to a hotpoint page giving an estimated date for my repair mine was June and on that page is the option offering the exchange.

My parents got a new hoover tumble dryer yesterday as theirs is one of the faulty ones and the bloke in the shop said it's been all hyped up about the dryers being dangerously faulty and as long as u look after your dryer u shouldnt have any issues with it.trouble is seeing the news and the fires they keep showing it does put u off using it.

My parents got a new hoover tumble dryer yesterday as theirs is one of the faulty ones and the bloke in the shop said it's been all hyped up about the dryers being dangerously faulty and as long as u look after your dryer u shouldnt have any issues with it.trouble is seeing the news and the fires they keep showing it does put u off using it.

What a load of crap by your shop man. Can you honestly see old people getting on there hands and knees to clean filters and fluff from there machines?. He sounds like another couldn't give a shite commission selling turd who just wants to make a sale and book his holidays. Tell him to try to explain that to the homeless people whose houses have burnt down due to manufacturing incompetence.

I have seen the insides of a faulty one, you would not believe the amount of lint that is inside waiting to catch fire.

I got a letter in the middle of January about our Hotpoint tumble dryer, filled in an online form serial no etc, got an email back saying I did have a dryer that was affected and they would be in touch to organise a repair, got a reply earlier this week (2 month later) saying the repair would be NOVEMBER !!! or I could have a new dryer - vented (mine)for £59 or condenser £99. seeing as the faulty one was from 2010 I took up the offer, they even took the old one away, so pleased with that for £59. 11 month for a repair FFS.

Where does it say about a replacement for a fee??
I have had the mail saying they will be in touch around November and that we can use the drier, but not unsupervised.
Like others, will never buy Hotpoint again! But then, they are all as bad as each other!!

Where does it say about a replacement for a fee??
I have had the mail saying they will be in touch around November and that we can use the drier, but not unsupervised.
Like others, will never buy Hotpoint again! But then, they are all as bad as each other!!

There should be a link saying click here for estimated repair date, when I went to that page it give me a link saying view exchange options. Unless they have stopped it now.

i know this is a bit late but just to say
i have worked for Indesit/Hotpoint /Creda appliances over a period of 20 odd yrs and i have too say tumble dryers have always had this problem for years if you go back in history the problem stems from users not cleaning the filters out on a regular basis its a fault that in my opinion wont go away anytime soon i myself am waiting for the fix and will post when its done to give my opinion as an ex service engineer for the above now retired i might add it was a pleasure to work for them but this does not mean i am on their side i could make your hair curl but wont cant afford the law suite best advice never leave any appliance working when you are not in the house to take any action that may be required as its not just down to tumble dryers that are a problem think on be safe

Back