TT7 No Tomtom entry on 'today' screen

viridens

Inactive User
Reaction score
Mio 168 running Mobile Windows 2003/2​
I have now changed from TT6 to TT7, hoping to load maps which are more up to date.

TT5 and TT6 both placed a nice big entry on the 'today' screen so I could swich on, click the entry and start navigating. My other half has gotten used to this too.

TT7 hasn't given me this entry, so I need to look for it in the start menu and click there..

Have I missed something?

I know I could assign a button or whatever, but I don't want to do it that way.

START > SETTINGS > TODAY > ITEM (TAB AT THE BOTTOM) > Put tick on TomTom > OK

START > SETTINGS > TODAY > ITEM (TAB AT THE BOTTOM) > Put tick on TomTom > OK

Thanks for the reply. Sorry, I should have said in my post that I had been there and tried that. The only items in my list are the ones actually displayed (date, owner, messaging, tasks & calendar). TomTom isn't there. Also, the move up, down & options boxes are greyed out.

I just swiched back to the previous TT6 setup by loading a system backup to check. The item list is the same but as would be expected, Tomtom IS in this list. The options are still greyed.

After Googling, I have tried a few utilities such as Resco today plugin, but these give titchy icons (and irellevant ones), not a big finger-friendly target to hit.

More research needed...

Last edited:
Think i missed the version number. I've not really played about with wm2k3 much.

How fast is ur device? might be worth upgrading to wm5 or 6.

Will keep looking.

I'm missing the plugin too. Will try the link above

I can't download the plugin even - how can that be? I made the required 5 posts in the forum.

You need to use a file explorer to create a shortcut which you then place in 'windows/Start Menu/Programs'.

:)

It will then show on the Today/Start screen.

Back