DVB - PC Cards tt1500c budget problems

Thanks for that, i am apparently on the bromley network n that also shows base freq of 666750 n s/rate 6887, which also may be contributin to my crappy reception, as i have had my s/rate set to 6952!

dont know if it makes any diffrence, but will try n post results

thanks willin :Cheers:

my card was fine one day and the next was causing me problems

i've just been double checking it wasn't a signal issue, which i have ruled out so it can only be the card

i bought myself a variable attenuator which was good for gettin the signal level right for all channels

Yea, they rolled in all uk areas on the 29th of feb and rolled again on the 1st march in C*W areas, my vplug updated both times!!

btw mudd786 that "d" is wrong, I've sent you a pm.

No, I'm wrong about that "d", a website i use was reporing it as a "c" .

its on its way back to germany now

ill get charged 40 euro if its found to be not faulty, pretty confident its not, i get to sit back at wait

im thinking of getting satellite, the amount of channels is mind boggling + all the 3pm kick offs on a saturday!

Good luck wiv it m8, hope it is found to be faulty, atleast you wont get charged that ridiculous testing fee, and it will have sorted you prob out

i honsetly dont fink its the card tho

thanks to willin i have everything up and running its just this darn signal issue i have

i have found 2 itv and 2 ch4 when my attenuation is on 15db (12db + 3db) the first set of itv and ch4 will work with no glitching, but no other channels work smooth n quality and strength drop to 0 and back up again when images freeze or break up, my looped output goes to the n*l box which i kinda use to monitor the signal that shows ok for everything apart from SNR which is at 28.* db,

so then i remove the 3db attenuator (leaving me with 12db attenuation) my n*l box shows everything ok with SNR up to 32.* db so you would fink that the sig is fine now,

so now the first set of itv and ch4 dont work anymore (glitching n freezing as the sig strength increases) but the second set of itv and ch4 is fine bbc1 england bbc2 england n arsenal tv mutv, so a few start to play ball but not all of them so its almost as tho diffrent transponders have diffrent strengths n quality, makes me think if its ever gonna run right

replace the 12db for a 6db all the above start glitchn as the strength increases but others start working some movies some sports and some asian channs

am i overlooking a silly tab that needs checking! frustrating or what!

i thought the other fings would have been trickier to set up than the signal playing up, its amazing how the boxes dont even glitch n my pc is playing hell wiv it!!!

god the peeps who it working straight of the bat are lucky man!!

I have two of those cards and theyboth have a problem at 307000000. Don't think they're faulty though.

well today i put the 12db atten on it as i wasnt allowed to watch footy downstairs (raggy flippin pompy!)

and sksports1 worked all the way through the match tried switching to bbc1 and as i said before it was glitchin, probably out of 50 channs i hoped to 4 worked smoothly.

any way have ordered the twinhan card c what happens will post the result!!

Hi

yeah with exactly the same setup twinhan card works no probs,

only fing is it has gone faulty will not tune "no signal" returned it to hisat hopefully shold get new 1 back

not sure what caused it as i started to u/g my m/c at the same time

new ocz psu, dual core 2g, 2g ddrII, new mobo, it rns ALOT faster now!

but cant see if the image is smoother yet as no blinkin card my tt1500 still jitters so its nothing to do with system performance as my cpu usage with the tt is only 6% when running dvbviewer

with my old P4 it was 40-50% what a diffrence, n the new PSU amazing after continuosly running in my b/room which is normally at 20-21c the air comming out of it feels cool!!

sorry for off topic

also wondering how JIP got on with his return?

regards

mudasser

well today i put the 12db atten on it as i wasnt allowed to watch footy downstairs (raggy flippin pompy!)

and sksports1 worked all the way through the match tried switching to bbc1 and as i said before it was glitchin, probably out of 50 channs i hoped to 4 worked smoothly.

any way have ordered the twinhan card c what happens will post the result!!

I seem to be having the same problems. I will be interested to find out if the Twinham card sorts out your problems, Please post after you get your card back from Hisat

I got an email from DVBShop telling me its been passed to TT's repair centre. I hoping that means they've tested it and found it to be faulty.

Thats how things happen where I work. But this is Germany we're talking about.

the c1500 is simply a terrible card that shouldnt have being sold. The fact that the c1501 now exists shows that the c1500 was a piece of junk!

Hi

i emailed dvbshop with the problem i have had from the begining stopping and starting of the signal etc, they said to me its the tuner its very sensitive, n since you have had the problem from the beginning they will repair or replace, so them saying that i think its a common fault with probably all of them, as on there forum i can recall a guy buying 4 and all of them were using what he said a newer tuner which has a antena out aswell (which myn also has), and they all did exactly the same thing, where as his older tt-1500 (antenna in only) ran no problem on the same platform.

so am returning the card today, have asked for them to replace it with a 1501 will see what happens,

any word on yours jip?

regards

mudasser

Gonna do the same myself, luckily i have firedtv dvb-c to play with now. Hopefully they replace it with a c1501, but dont think i'll be buying any technotrend non satellite stuff again.

I'm reasonably impressed with my 1501c - not quite as good a pic as my floppydvb-c but more stable - at least on my cable feed - and costs a lot less - for upto 32" the pic is fine - just seriously pushing it at 42" on the tt when the floppydvb-c gives a better pic that a tv drive in 1080 hdmi

Hi

i emailed dvbshop with the problem i have had from the begining stopping and starting of the signal etc, they said to me its the tuner its very sensitive, n since you have had the problem from the beginning they will repair or replace, so them saying that i think its a common fault with probably all of them, as on there forum i can recall a guy buying 4 and all of them were using what he said a newer tuner which has a antena out aswell (which myn also has), and they all did exactly the same thing, where as his older tt-1500 (antenna in only) ran no problem on the same platform.

so am returning the card today, have asked for them to replace it with a 1501 will see what happens,

any word on yours jip?

regards

mudasser

they're expecting it back this Friday. I keep pestering them, they're probably just fobbing me off now :proud:

buggers i know wot u mean...

but thats good hopefully all sorted m8!

just dreading todays match barca may turn us over!!

any one see ronnies bird in the sun yesterday DAAAAMN!!

ps any 1 used a twinhan with vista and dvbviewer?

on my intel based p4 board works a treat but on the new dual core asrock via chipset board it comes on shows the green bar wiv sig strength freezes the sig strength goes to 0% and the pic resumes ok if you click on view then rebuild graph it bring up the sig strength again n pics starts to run ok, if you switch channel you have to rebuild the graph again.

mytheatre seems a bit more stable in the sense that ones it displays the pic it generally keeps working?

any ideas or tips?

am using nvidia decoder and ac3 audio decoder all channels run smooth when they decide to work even bbc hd

gonna wait for tt to come back before i change hardware it just may be the twinhans crappy bda driver have emailed them no response!

thanks in advance guys!

best regards

mudd

I've tried both the TT1500 and Twinhan, I got rid of both and now have a FloppyDTV.

The TT1500 just constantly failed to tune to a channel, the Twinhan worked ok but refused to use my CAM, the FloppyDTV only gripe I have with that is it's got no Linux driver and has problems with a ZetaCAM on a MAC.

Spend the Extra cash and get a Floppy/Fire DTV with CAM, it's unbeleivable the difference it makes.

Yeah you right mate i think thats the direction gonna have to go or maybe just setup the 2.4g p4 to do dvb-c and keep the other dual core for work?

but i will wait n c what happens with the replacement card

thanks for your input m8!

regards

mudd

Back