DVB - PC Cards tt1500c budget problems

Jip

Inactive User
Reaction score
My card has been fine for a while. Recently the picture has become choppy, sometimes when i tune a channel it will be fine.

Using dvbviewer
For example, before I was tuning sky sports 1, started with my variable attenuator at 0, and slowly went up until I had a near perfect picture. I tuned to E4 and then back to sky sports 1 and it had become choppy again. Not sure if its the signal or the card.

Using progdvb
I noticed the signal and quality would drop and come back or sometimes after tuning a channel it would be fine.

Is there any way of diagnosing where the problem is coming from?

**EDIT**

I think it may be a problem with the drivers for the card. Does anyone have any higher version than the 4.4.10.18 drivers working in vista 32? I tried the 5 on TT website but it just causes vista to bluescreen and the tuner to disappear off the device manager

Last edited:
i have a simular problem, all's been working well under 5.0.0.6 & 5.0.0.12 drivers in XP.

Now recently frequency 643/586 (s*y movie chans and premier) etc have all been 30% or lower resulting in nothing/breakup under DVBViewerPro and Progdvb.

it must be something that V*RG*N/Microsoft are doing as my eurovox works perfectly 80% signal on same frequencies/channels..

Wom.

*UPDATE* Does same 30% or less under my Linux setup as well on those chans/frequencies.

Broken/breaking card? or V*RG*N sending something..?

i have a simular problem, all's been working well under 5.0.0.6 & 5.0.0.12 drivers in XP.

Now recently frequency 643/586 (s*y movie chans and premier) etc have all been 30% or lower resulting in nothing/breakup under DVBViewerPro and Progdvb.

it must be something that V*RG*N/Microsoft are doing as my eurovox works perfectly 80% signal on same frequencies/channels..

Wom.

*UPDATE* Does same 30% or less under my Linux setup as well on those chans/frequencies.

Broken/breaking card? or V*RG*N sending something..?

Can I ask what area you guys are in (n*l, C*w etc) as I have no problems with DVBViewerPro 5.9.0.0, Progdvb 5.12.0.1 and DVB Dream 1.4i.

BTW ex c*w, the keys for this area ain't rolled since 18.12.07.

Last edited:
im ex n*l as far as im aware, not too sure how to tell like.

ive checked all the connections with wires, tried putting fans on the card to cool it down.

it justs picks and chooses when its going to tune a channel, i have noticed that when it doed tune OK dvbviewer is reporting the bitrate to be rather low

im ex n*l as far as im aware, not too sure how to tell like.

ive checked all the connections with wires, tried putting fans on the card to cool it down.

it justs picks and chooses when its going to tune a channel, i have noticed that when it doed tune OK dvbviewer is reporting the bitrate to be rather low

Hmmm, thats my theory of what may be happening out! jip a bit obvious but is the feed split, if not does the same happen if the feed is direct to the card?

i've never had a direct feed to the card, it has always been split, i'll have to try a direct feed but i didn't have problems with the split feed previous. as it is boosted everytime its split

Trying to see a pattern to this problem, know of people having problems with following channels not working on their starview box - s*y sports, sd1+2, 4 s*y sports channels inc extra, some movies premier and +1, action, + a few p*rn channels, in ex c*w and n*l one in the (romford) area. they are quiet experienced users and have tried updating the emu/keys. are these channels the one's that give you guys problems?? if so do the rest work normally?

Ex-cw same problem

was working fine then started to stutter got worse last night to the point were it would come up saying signal lost then picture would come back again the message would come back

ended up putting a dvd on

i am getting this also but i have just started to try to get it going as i only got my tt1500 a couple of weeks ago.

i have found all the channels in my theatre 3.38 which showed 65-70% signal strength and 100% quality

the FTA channels come up but stop and start and you get glitching sound from the audio at the same time i have noticed that the sig strength n quality drop also the mouse pointer judders in the window of my theatre as though it is pausing to

the mouse pointer runs smoothly outside of the mytheatre window and noticed while dragging the task manger window through the mytheatre window leaves a bit of a trail but movess smoothly outside of the mytheatre window

these symptoms are the same with media portal 2.3 rc1, the software that came with the tt1500c and also downloaded the latest software from technotrend and thats the same too pausing and glitching in audio

i havent even begun to try to get yankse fenrir working as the image is rubbish, well fed up wiv it :CRYBABY:

i have a P4 2.4G, 1.5G ram, 250G hdd, ATI X1650 display card 256M ram and tt1500c card updated both ati and tt drivers

any help or advice realy appreciated

i have dbox and original nthell box they run smoothly with no probs

HELP PLEASE!

So got a new HDD as my brother said he has XP PRO lite version n it may be worth trying that as it runs alot less stuff in background, ran mytheatre on it bbc 1 was smooth but the other channels still stuttering, cpu usage steadyish at 10-13% so didnt realy make much difference

no trail when i drag task manager through the window

am just wondering if there are other settings that need to be tweaked in the software?

or maybe its the card that is not that good?

So got a new HDD as my brother said he has XP PRO lite version n it may be worth trying that as it runs alot less stuff in background, ran mytheatre on it bbc 1 was smooth but the other channels still stuttering, cpu usage steadyish at 10-13% so didnt realy make much difference

no trail when i drag task manager through the window

am just wondering if there are other settings that need to be tweaked in the software?

or maybe its the card that is not that good?

mudd786 one thing i've tried since your post on the 28th is swap softcams (v-plug for Yankse/fenrir) and I have had the very problems you and most people are describing!! this is with DVB Dream and DVBviewer, so what softcams do other people use with this problem??
BTW no problems with v-plug.

Hi willin
thanks for your reply,

to be honest i havent got that far, i have downloaded various plugins and tried fenrir and yankse, i got fenrir flashing "*" and yankse juggling some code about but didnt get any channels decrypting must admit did not wait long, as was frustrated with the quality of the image,

i have been searching through mytheatre forum, and found people having similar probs and have rectified some of them,

1st thing i found is you need to up the buffer size myn woz set to 10mb, the guy on that site said he set his to 6gb on the hdd that cured his stuttering

2nd thing was to select elecard mpeg decoorder for both audio n video

doing these 2 things at lunch time seems to have cured it didnt get any jittering for the 5 mins i watched at full screen

but then i tried to change the ivr overlat to on as i have a ati card this was quite bad jittering n freezin but then my machine restarted

rebooted tried putting mytheatre on again frooze the machine so i take it it didnt like overlay

so i think that may have done it will try it again tonight n post the outcome

no that didnt cure it, still freezing, loaded k codec mega pack 3.8 that seemed to get rid of oc breaking up , got my plugin to work it was a very eazy one just unzipped it in the directory of mytheatre n it worked straight away se***ta1 was the the smoothest didint freeze sky mov** did asian channels did ftas did some more than others

i noticed when i turned my PC off my nt* box started to pause so went into eng menu went to the page for signal it wasnt green any more it was saying in a red box signal low

my tt1500 has a cable out connection too so am piggy backing off the tt card to the box

any way went downatairs to the splitter moved the cable from the 7db to the 3.5db n the signal would ok n then low

so then i turned my PC on it went to a orange box n said signal high, so i went dow stairs again moved the cable wire back to 7db n it would flash ok but stayed on high so went through the menus on nt* box there was a attenuation ooption n it was set too low i changed that to high n went back to the page were it showed signal it was steady on green n signal ok was being displayed saved exited box ran fine no pausing,

so i think after all of this it must be a signal prob? coz the fault i am getting is consistant with every s/w i have tried

so gonna get a attenuator from my brothers box he has a 15db that the engineer put on see if that sorts it out

i've given up

i've tried everything i can think of, theres no way theres a problem with my signal

in DVB Dream, my signal will go:

and just keep dropping to 0

so i've been in contact with dvbshop who send just send it back to them for repair

I hope it doesnt mean the card is faulty?

i purchased it from ebay spain guy did say it was new though so i may be able to get something sorted, he had a receipt in the pic showing DVB shop.

any way i went to local AV shop purchased some attenuators

6db and 12db, all my channels were freezing with my sig quality staying at 100% but strength up and down around 65 so put the 6db one in that bought the strength down to 55-60 and itv and ch4 smoothened out left running in window and opened up 2 other windows running movies but itv and ch4 ran smooth all day.

switched comp off and on again itv and ch4 in all apps media player, tt media centre, mytheatre ran smooth

so i switched to bbc chans theyre sig strength was roughly 40 and freezing so removed the attenuator bbc chans ran smooth but itv started to freeze n the sig strength had gone to 70 (+/- 5)

i think its all do to with the signal strength i knw for a fact if its high it will freeze if its to low it will freeze i just need to get a 2db and 1db attenuator i think n try to get the strength in between these two transpoders (itv and bbc1) and then it should run smooth for all

also my splitter down stairs has my main feed going in and then 3 outputs 2 x 7db and 1 x 3.5db would these be boosting or attenuating?

does the tt1500 boost the signal as like i have said previous when my m/c is off my NT* box says no sig when on with out the attenuator in place it says high?

ps have the keys rolled for C*W (this is the 5d*1) as i got the softkey 2 work for a couple of days last week n now its comming up with 00 key needs updating ?

sorry for long winded post its doing ma nut in!!! :Chainsaw:

let me knw how you get on jip it may turn out to be a faulty card! typical n just my luck! lol

Last edited:
I think keys have rolled in C*W areas. Mine stopped over the weekend. Dreambox picked up new keys ok, but vplug didn't autoupdate.

I think keys have rolled in C*W areas. Mine stopped over the weekend. Dreambox picked up new keys ok, but vplug didn't autoupdate.

Yea, they rolled in all uk areas on the 29th of feb and rolled again on the 1st march in C*W areas, my vplug updated both times!!

btw mudd786 that "d" is wrong, I've sent you a pm.

Back