TT c-1501 help

big_al_scot

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I was wondering if anyone out there can help me? I have a TT C-1501 and have it working with various programs such as progdvb, dvbviewer dvbdream and original TT-viewer. I even have the softcam, working in all these programs (except TT-viewer). The problem is the video is quite poor. I have fiddled about with the rendering settings and the codecs but cant get it quite right. I have a onboard ati radeon x1200 grapics card and it use 512mb of memory, This card is quite good and has no problems decoding dvd, avi, xvids etc, so im stumped with this issue. Is it the card is rubbish or is there a magic combination of codecs and video rendering? Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Al

Hi guys,

I was wondering if anyone out there can help me? I have a TT C-1501 and have it working with various programs such as progdvb, dvbviewer dvbdream and original TT-viewer. I even have the softcam, working in all these programs (except TT-viewer). The problem is the video is quite poor. I have fiddled about with the rendering settings and the codecs but cant get it quite right. I have a onboard ati radeon x1200 grapics card and it use 512mb of memory, This card is quite good and has no problems decoding dvd, avi, xvids etc, so im stumped with this issue. Is it the card is rubbish or is there a magic combination of codecs and video rendering? Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Al

Proberbly the video codecs, what you got installed? Nvidia pure video decoder is one of the best.

personally, I think the cards rubbish, I have one in the top draw.

I f you set it up with a different card to get your channel scan done, then put the 1500
back, I bet it works.

Mine worked in my theatre .
My old trusty original budget card does me, on my pc .. bbc hd no problem.
For real tv viewing - a premium card is recommended / and to get the most out of it, ran under linux instead of windows.

It is definately the video codecs. I had the same problem in vista 64 and had to put in ffdshow codecs for it to work properly. There are a lot more codecs for 32 bit windows and it works better.

It is definately the video codecs. I had the same problem in vista 64 and had to put in ffdshow codecs for it to work properly. There are a lot more codecs for 32 bit windows and it works better.

Acer you are right it is a codec issuse i have a dual boot pc one partition is vista 64 and the other is xp i installed dvbviewer and ffdshow and the picture is perfect. tried to install 64bit ffdshow but it's not recognised in dvbviewer is tis because dvbviewer is 32bit?

Cheers guys

Al

dump the catalyst supplied video drivers and just use the windows ati 1200 driver - the card produces a reasonable picture on a 42" monitor like this and a good picture (much better than a box) on a 32" display - I used mediaportal and it's supplied codecs - seriously the catalyst drivers do nothign but ruin the picture - get rid

dump the catalyst supplied video drivers and just use the windows ati 1200 driver - the card produces a reasonable picture on a 42" monitor like this and a good picture (much better than a box) on a 32" display - I used mediaportal and it's supplied codecs - seriously the catalyst drivers do nothign but ruin the picture - get rid

Wonko you are also right i am now running vista 32 bit with basic drivers and it is perfect. Thanks for all your help guys

Also, now i'm up and running i have the everything working in dvb viewer but i would like to have every channel in vista mce. I searched but cant find out if there is a softcam for mce. Does anyone know if there is such a thing?

Regards

Al

Wonko you are also right i am now running vista 32 bit with basic drivers and it is perfect. Thanks for all your help guys

Also, now i'm up and running i have the everything working in dvb viewer but i would like to have every channel in vista mce. I searched but cant find out if there is a softcam for mce. Does anyone know if there is such a thing?

Regards

Al

No softcam for MCE (don't accept plugins afaik), it works with a CI cam and card.

my current setup is vista64, mediaportal and I use the microsoft codec for tv - I suspect you will find it is more trouble than it's worth to use mce - mediaportal can use a softcam directly, mce cannot, mediaportal understands cable, mce doesnt - however you may find it easier to use xp if using a softcam - at least untill you get the hang of it

my current setup is vista64, mediaportal and I use the microsoft codec for tv - I suspect you will find it is more trouble than it's worth to use mce - mediaportal can use a softcam directly, mce cannot, mediaportal understands cable, mce doesnt - however you may find it easier to use xp if using a softcam - at least untill you get the hang of it

Media portal supports softcams now? Or do you need a specific (non supported) build still?
I had that working and it was lovely, then it crashed, now I can't get it working again so I just use DVBViewer. It works brilliantly for TV.

standard builds support softcams, sometimes with the odd modifed support file - when I had it running I was using 1.0 rc1 and previous versions - they are now at rc3 which I use with jokers but thats mainly coz I am running vista - afaik there is no reason the softcam setup shouldnt still work - it's just it can be interesting to actually turn on in vista64 - in vista32 it's just a reg patch but this doesnt work in vista64 - as the mdapifilter icon is visible in xp thats why I suggested using that at least for initial playing around with

Back