TS Nightmare

Brenussat

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi all , just after a bit of help, appologies if the answer to this is on site but i couldnt find it, problem is i'm trying to ftp the recorded movies over to my lappy but although the whole film is on my 7020 i can only find two ts 1gb movies in the hdd/ movie folder and the end is missing off all the films " as if there should be a third" Any help is appreciated this is driving me nuts.
In short all my ts files for my movies are there and playable in full on my 7020 but the whole films not available to download to my lappy. Any Ideas ??
Cheers

If you use your web interface, do you not have an option to download that way? Like for instance, with Gemini images you click 'Movies' to show your list of movies stored, then click the 'download' button at the bottom of that screen, just like downloading from an internet page. No need to ftp or search for file parts etc, it just automatically downloads the whole movie to wherever you save it on your pc.

for some reason i was expecting to see something along the lines of 'HELP my receivers stuck on the transexual channel' or something after reading the title lmao

for some reason i was expecting to see something along the lines of 'HELP my receivers stuck on the transexual channel' or something after reading the title lmao

LOL na had that last week but sorted it out myself. I was a bit mulleredl last night probably could have chosen a better title.

Thanks for the help guys i will try the web interface later see if that woks.

Big thanks

If you use your web interface, do you not have an option to download that way? Like for instance, with Gemini images you click 'Movies' to show your list of movies stored, then click the 'download' button at the bottom of that screen, just like downloading from an internet page. No need to ftp or search for file parts etc, it just automatically downloads the whole movie to wherever you save it on your pc.

This worked a treat but the last 30 mins of my movies are still not playable on my laptop it seems it just wants to send 2gb maximum to the pc even though when its downloading it tells me the file should be 2.34gb. Gutted, i'm sure its a setting or something but i cant find it.
Thanks again for the help.

Last edited:
Are you using xp and what file system? There is file size limitations between them?

fat16- 2gig limit
fat32 - 4gig limit
ntfs no limit

maybe thats your problem

Si

NTFS mate . I think the problem is with the dreambox it just wont send above 2gb. its wierd

are you downloading/exporting an avi file?

Si

Well am out of ideas, i just remember reading about a 2GB file limit on avi files something to do with the players and not windows itself.

Si

Last edited:
Well am out of ideas, i just remember reading about a 2GB file limit on avi files something to do with the players and not windows itself.

Si

Cheers anyway si , much appreciated.

Standard .ts file

expert setup and u can choose how big your recordings are m8 i have mine set at 4gig and have no trouble ftping into /media/hdd/movies and grabing any .ts files . looks like yours was /is set to a small amount thats why u have many .ts files for ur recording (prob one or two files with numbers after them in /hdd/movies ie .001. 002 )
that recording will still play fine on dreambox but ull need to join them on pc to play on pc, change the setting and all future recordings should be fine :)

cheers

osborne82

expert setup and u can choose how big your recordings are m8 i have mine set at 4gig and have no trouble ftping into /media/hdd/movies and grabing any .ts files . looks like yours was /is set to a small amount thats why u have many .ts files for ur recording (prob one or two files with numbers after them in /hdd/movies ie .001. 002 )
that recording will still play fine on dreambox but ull need to join them on pc to play on pc, change the setting and all future recordings should be fine :)

cheers

osborne82

Thanks for the help, do you mean the bit in expert settings that you can set from 1gb to 16gb ? Only asking because i had set this bit to 16gb previously.
Cheers

Its a strange one because even if files are split it shouldnt stop at 2gb. Mine is fine no matter what size, 1,2,3,4,5gb or any size inbetween.
What software are you using to playback the ts file? Maybe the full 2.34 file has downloaded but just stops playing at 2gb? Once it is on your pc as a stored file does it only show as 2gb in properties?
Must admit i'm out of ideas.

Its a strange one because even if files are split it shouldnt stop at 2gb. Mine is fine no matter what size, 1,2,3,4,5gb or any size inbetween.
What software are you using to playback the ts file? Maybe the full 2.34 file has downloaded but just stops playing at 2gb? Once it is on your pc as a stored file does it only show as 2gb in properties?
Must admit i'm out of ideas.

Tried three different playback applications, vlc, nero showtime etc. The file shows 2gb on the pc. Bloody bewildering this. Tried it on three pc's all the same xp and vista. Really odd. i'm stumped.lol

"sorted"

Phew sorted it out, the cure involved taking all my images off. I removed the flash image all my usb images and then i formatted the hdd and usb so everything was clean. Then i put a new flash image on set the recording split to 4gb and smart copied a load of my favourite images back to the usb. Recorded a movie last night and thank fook, there was a single 2.45gb in my folder, sent it to my lappy and it worked a treat. Gotta spend about 8hrs today ftp'ing all my recorded stuff back on now though.lol

Genuine big thankyou for all the help and suggestions.
Brenussat

Back