Phone Unlocking trying to unlock w880i

MFCGMFC

Inactive User
Reaction score
hey all

i'm looking to unlock a w880i i cant find anything on here for it has anyone got any ideas?

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

Gav you can create a patch and patch the firmware to unlock the phone mate just use This Program to apply the patch and This Program to create the patch, as long as you have the usb cable that comes with the phone this is very easy as i've done it many times myself mate.

Quick Guide

How to apply the generated patches to DB2020 CID52 phones:

IMPORTANT: First you need to backup the GDFS. If something goes wrong you can unbrick you phone with this backup. Here is how to do:
Open SETool2 Lite v1.11.
1. Select your phone model.
2. Click on Read GDFS button.
3. Follow the instructions given by SETool2 Lite.
4. You will get a gdfs_yourIMEI.bin file in SETool2 Lite folder. Put it to a safe place.

I. We will apply the quick access patch to phone. It is needed to be able to use the quick access method in future. Due to this great patch you can easily apply the further patches, just like to DB2010 CID 49 phones.
!!!YOU NEED TO DO THIS ONLY ONCE!!!

Open SETool2 Lite v1.11.
1. Select your phone model.
2. In Windows Explorer drag the MAIN file (.mbn) onto SETool2 Lite v1.11 folder\qamaker\qamaker.exe. In the qamaker's folder you will get a quick_access_XXXX_XXXXXXX.vkp file.
3. Click on ... (three dots) button near MISC files box, and select the vkp file generated in step 2.
4. Tick Bypass DB2020 security checkbox.
5. Click on Add button and select the MAIN firmware file.
6. Press FLASH button.
7. Follow the instructions given by SETool2 Lite. At one moment you will belive that nothing happens and the status windows is not changing! DO NOT remove the CABLE! Wait until "ELAPSED x SECONDS" appears in status window.

This process will take some time, about 10-15 minutes or more...

II. Now we need to generate an unlock patch.
Run SIMLockPatchGen.exe, select that MAIN firmware (used earlier) by clicking on ... (three dots) button, then press the Make patch button. In status window you will get the path to the generated vkp file(e.g. "D:\...\SIMLockPatchGen\vkp\Remove_SIM_lock_XXX_XX XXXXX.vkp" patch file created.) Close the SIMLockPatchGen.

III. We will apply the generated unlock patch to unlock the phone.
In SETool2 Lite v1.11:
1. Click on Clear button.
2. Select your phone model.
3. Tick Use "quick access" patch checkbox
4. Click on ... (three dots) button near MISC files box, and select the vkp file generated by SIMLockPatchGen.
5. Click Write SCRIPT button
6. Follow the instructions in left status window...
7. READ THIS CAREFULLY, it is a little tricky: Click "Yes" to remove the patch. Click "No" to add the patch. In this case click on "No" button.

Wait until "ELAPSED x SECONDS" appears in status window, and done. Your phone is unlocked.

2. In Windows Explorer drag the MAIN file (.mbn) onto SETool2 Lite v1.11 folder\qamaker\qamaker.exe. In the qamaker's folder you will get a quick_access_XXXX_XXXXXXX.vkp file.

where do i get that file bud?

also is that the same file i use to make the patch?

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

Last edited by a moderator:
the fone and setoolite aint connecting to one another?

its just says hold C and insert usb cable and the green bar just goes up

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

i downed this the other day trying to unlock a w850i didnt work for me also its not complete u need the usbdrivers for it .i have the complete works now and managed to unlock it. im no expert on these things but i found it fairly easy if u pm me your email addy i will send what i got to you no probs (too big to put on here) and the tutorial i followed but u also have to get some firmware for your phone which i had no probs gettin just tryin to find the site i used and i put it on here for you

how do i install the drivers?

its just a sys file?

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

no i cant get setoolite to talk to the fone or the data suite

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

sorted now thanks so much Brooksy mate your a legend wouldnt have got this done with his much needed help

thanks also to DiscoDave for takeing the time to post that tut and progs :)

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

ffs - just spent last couple of hours researching and finally doing this - never thought to look here first

right this is doing ma fooking nut in. canot for the life of me get it to detect my w880i phone when connecting the usb cable and holding c

I installed the seus update service so it detects. tried pressing 2 when connecting phone and it picks this up but not when pressing c.. But its still not read the GDFS. have tried different usb ports and everything freaking annoying let me tell you.

Mother fooockkker.... followed the guides to a tea. one being that you should update your phone with teh seus software update first. This turned my phone from a cid52 to a cid53 .... meaing that it now not possible to debrand it for free.

thats just pishhhhh.,.... ragin.

hey ive got a w880i, i rly need it unlocking i was wandering what software and what method to use to go about unlocking my phone,

my email is : [email protected]

many thanks

anyone know how to unlock sony w910i?? Pleaseeeeeeeeeee helppppppp me

Back