trying to find a file (ion.ini) needed to overclock a lenovo s12 netbook

hi, I just acquired an Eee PC 1201N and I would try OcTuner. But it does seem the "ion.ini" file. Where is it? thank you

File is in post 2, or make your own from the code in post 22. You'll need 5 posts before you can see either.

Please read this thread: 5 Posts before being able to download

And introduce yourself here: http://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/who-you-6/

Hello ! Thanks. Discussion about overclocking computers with ION seems long over
icon9.gif
Is this the case ?

=====

In fact my Asus Eee PC 1201N gets very hot when I try to overclock with Nvidia tools program :Mad2: Has anyone ever had this problem? Thank you

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello ! Thanks. Discussion about overclocking computers with ION seems long over
icon9.gif
Is this the case ?

=====

In fact my Asus Eee PC 1201N gets very hot when I try to overclock with Nvidia tools program :Mad2: Has anyone ever had this problem? Thank you
System builders never envisioned their Atom based systems would be overclocked, so only put in cooling systems that were intended for stock clockspeeds.

What you could try is replacing the thermal pads with a copper shim and quality thermal grease/paste such as Arctic Silver V or Arctic Cooling MX-4.

Last edited:
Indeed, I had thought of this solution, which however requires to disassemble the computer. Thank you to you :Cheers:

System builders never envisioned their Atom based systems would be overclocked, so only put in cooling systems that were only intended for stock clockspeeds.

What you could try is replacing the thermal pads with a copper shim and quality thermal grease/paste such as Arctic Silver V or Arctic Cooling MX-4.

The Eee PC 1201N can not take into account that some older games, but COD modern warefare had begun to run before it heats ...

The Eee PC 1201N can not take into account that some older games, but COD modern warefare had begun to run before it heats ...
The ION GPU on the Eee PC 1201N is based on the Nvidia 9400M, which isn't a gaming chip. The 9400M GPU is unsupported by CoD:MW and falls well below the recommended minimum. Even if you get it to load, it's going to run like a dog and seriously stress that GPU.

One last question, perhaps: Do you think that replacing the original hard drive with a SSD could improve something for the game ?

Time to resurrect this ol' 1201N
===
How stable is the ION when overclocked?
===
What settings in OCTuner do people recommend?
===
Seems to use a lot of memory on windows 8, time to upgrade from 3 gigs.
===
For using an SSD, is AHCI mode recommended over IDE?

Hey guys, I see that there's still people trying to give a second youth to a good 'ol 1201N, and I'm one of them. Started from upgrading it to 4GB DDR2-800 Mhz (and here a question: would it support the 1066 DDR2?) and now trying to overclock it. There seems to be lots of notes on how to do that properly, but none of them seemed to work for me yet. Hopefully I'll find some help here ! :)

So what's the best tool and way to accomplish that?

oh well, found the ion.ini on Mega lol.

**** you all and your stupid 5 post counter bullshit.

I hope you all die of cancer.

oh well, found the ion.ini on Mega lol.

**** you all and your stupid 5 post counter bullshit.

I hope you all die of cancer.

Got to be one of the most disgusting posts I've ever read on this forum, his trivial little file was worth hoping everyone dies!!!
I never used to notice clockers on this site but now that things are a little quieter they stick out a mile. Could we not ditch the 5 post rule and just let the grabbers come and go?

Would be less work for the Mods and less annoying for the genuine members, either that or downloads for premium members or 200+ posts. There has to be a better way

Got to be one of the most disgusting posts I've ever read on this forum, his trivial little file was worth hoping everyone dies!!!
I never used to notice clockers on this site but now that things are a little quieter they stick out a mile. Could we not ditch the 5 post rule and just let the grabbers come and go?

Would be less work for the Mods and less annoying for the genuine members, either that or downloads for premium members or 200+ posts. There has to be a better way
It is a tricky one.
Should quests be allowed to come here and grad and run?? I don't think that should happen.
How the fook admin/mods deal with it is beyond me. But filtering out post clockers will always continue while 5 post rule is there.

you really do need to put something in to get something back.
5 posts is NOT a hard task.
Im not really 100% up to speed with the cost of running a site is.
With a site like here and over 1.7 billion views speaks volume.

Maybe start a thread up to see what members think?

But my opinion is "keep it as it is"

the post clockers spam for a reason......
there looking files that others don't offer.

update:
within in 5 mins of my post there's a post clocker.
(MADNESS)

Last edited:
i'm sure he'll be back under a diffrent username for information on how to use his file.. :)

[FONT=&quot]ou don't need the download, shlomi002 posted the text you needed to write your own .ini file in the one above yours.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]As it was shlomi that also asked about the HP Mini 311, I'm assuming he at least tested it before posted it before posting. Even so, you use the information [/FONT]at your own risk.

Back