Trouble With IFA

ph3d

Inactive User
Reaction score
after reading the ifa tutorial and following it to the word i still cant seem to flash my dbox, my ip is set to a static ip but i keep getting the same error back

***Adapter Desc: VIA Rhine II Fast Ethernet Adapter (via IpHlpApi #0)
***MAC address: *0:*D:**:*1:2*:*6 Local IP: 169.254.35.173
***BootP server started... Port 67
***TFTP server started... Port 69

*** Achtung: RSH ist bei fast allen Linux-Images nicht konfiguriert/aktiviert!
*** RSH wird also nur funktionieren, falls ihr euren Linux-Kernel gepatcht habt.

i cant understand german unfortunatley, but it also says it cant ping my dbox, when i plug it in it still seems to boot the premier image, does this mean i aint in debug mode or am i just being stupid :/ ?

using the image sportster 1.76 3. my box is a 2 chip box.

i did translate the german and get
Attention: RSH is not configured / activated with almost all Linux images!
RSH will only function, if you have your Linux-Kernel gepatcht.

but i dont understand what RSH is or if its my image thats not right or sumthing ?

RSH is not used for flashing.
Depending on your network log the ppcboot/u-boot from IFA was not transfered to the box and the bootp request didn't reach IFA.
Read the IFA tut from the down loads.

i read the tutorial and followed it to the instruction mate, as i sayd in my very first line in this post.. still wont come up flashing just boots the box and gave me those errors in the program and the boxs just boots premier

Something is blocking the network and /or your network card is misconfigured.

tried 10mb full duplex, half duplex and autosense, ip is set to 192.168.0.1 and subnet mask 255.255.255.0

its a fresh install of xp with no anti virus installed and firewall disabled

Set your network card to 10base half duplex and disable the winxp firewall in the tcpip settings for the connection to the box.
For a direct connection you have to use a real crossover cable.

i do have a real crossover cable i purchased it two days ago, as i sayd above my firewall is disabled, i tried all the 10baseT half duplex and full duplex connections, tried about fifty times now lol starting to piss me off these things lol..

thanx for the replys so far though man , much appreciated but could this not mean the boxes arent in debug mode at all?

Use a null modem cable and post the log output from IFA.

Back