Trouble with AU Fun

revans3

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi all,

Im really, really sorry to be a pain but Im totally stuck and I cant go any further on my own. I bought a fun programmer from Jabsplace, it plugs in via parallel port and works great for normal fun programming. It is the AU fun that has got me going mental! The only software that seems to work with this programmer is funprom which is not referred to in any of the tuts I have. If i try to load the crypt files from the site I get errors. Whenever I try and load the .bn file I cant because funprom only sees hex. If I change to all files I get errols!I have tried changing the files around but I honestly dont know what I am doing. Has anyone any experience of these programmers and can maybe point me in the right direction?

Thanks all.

:)

I have no experience of this programmer so maybe i'm talking nonsense but when i'm programing a funcard in infinty i have to change the bn11 file to .bin then i have to take the .bin file, drag and drop it onto a program called swapbin2hex (in downloads) and use the hex file it creates.

I have tried that but with a program called bin2hex, still no joy. I have searched through the download forum page by page but cant see swapbin2hex. PLease can you post a link?

When I load the crypt file into funprom as the flash I get format error, is this normal?

Last edited:
The tut doesnt mention any programmers at all so maybe you got the wrong files in the first place it just says where to put what files and that the nagra image might need to be renamed to bin????
Are you sure you are using the lasted ones? as i mentioned before you need to save it in nagra edit as a bn11 or whatever it saves rom 11's as and then go to ms-dos prompt and use the rename function to change it to bin and then just follow the instructions also turn off error reporting i used to get that as well just turned it off. One last thing i can think of is that programming the ext eep erase's the flash and most programmers normally go flash int eep and then ext eep so maybe try to program ext eep and then flash and then int eep all seperatly. I have included the lastest instructions also.

UPDATED HEXES FOR NTL & TW NEW KEY METHOD

HOW TO USE THIS FILE:

1. OPEN THE APPROPRIATE NAGRAEDIT .BN11 ROM11 IMAGE FILE

2. EDIT THE IRD WITH YOUR IRD

3. EDIT THE BOXKEY WITH YOUR BOXKEY

4. PROGRAM THE CARD.

PROGRAM THE FLASH WITH ONE OF THE TWO VERSIONS OF THE FLASH INCLUDED
- NTL
- TW

ONLY USE THE APPROPRIATE FLASH FOR YOUR AREA!

PROGRAM THE INTERNAL EEPROM WITH CryptHexEEP.hex

PROGRAM THE EXTERNAL EEPROM WITH YOUR EDITED NAGRAEDIT IMAGE.
SOME PROGRAMMERS MAY REQUIRE YOU TO RENAME THE EXTENSION TO .BIN

THIS FILE WAS POSTED ON WWW.ENDCRYPT.CO.UK

THANKS TO ALL THOSE TESTERS WHO CONFIRMED THIS WORKED FOR THEM.

GREETINGS

CRYPTCREW (GRAVEDIGGER/THE_UNDERTAKER/MORTICIA AND THE BLOB)

instead of using the bn. 11 use toxic 7 to make ur ext. eeprom and remember this file has 2 b writen 2 card 1st coz it wipes ur flash memory then do flash and int. eeprom

guys thank you so much for your efforts. I will try tonight and report back.:Cheers:

hey up mate .if you got the cheap funcard programmer let me no... i had 3 days trying to do the same and i will be able ( hopefully) to guide you through it..

Hi Irratic, any help you could give me would be superb - I still cant get it :Chainsaw:

revans
you got going yet?
I cn offer some help if you need i have managed to do mine fun4 au with the jabsplace prog ..no problemo ..probably one of the few people that enjoy a keyroll so I can pat myself on the back ...and all I did was follow a tut !! any help just ask

no mate, am still looking for some help. IF you have a tut fot it id be eternally grateful! I tried to send a pm but you arent set up for it

Last edited:
Back