Triathlon in aid for Cancer Research UK. Please Sponsor if you can

MOAMB

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hey people,

As some of you may have already read i have signed up for a Triathlon in 2 months time. It takes place on the 3rd October 2010 in Stratford Upon Avon.

Triathlon Information

It consists of the following events:

Swimming - 200 meter
Cycle - 23km (14 miles)
Run - 2.5km (1.6 miles)

I aint out to set any world records as i aint fit in anyway but i do like a challenge and while getting fitter i hope to raise some money that may help others.

I placed a poll on here a week ago (help me decide charity) and i have decided to go with Cancer Research UK as thats what most decided and i believe we have had members that have lost their fight so i hope it help people close to us if needed and others.

I hope to keep you updated as much as possible on how im doing with the training and sponsor money.

If you would like to sponsor me please do so via this link:

justgiving - Raymond Yule

Thanks for reading this post and thank you if you have sponsored me.

Admin or Mod:

Would it be possible to make this a sticky and could you get the just giving widget code to work instead of my justgiving - Raymond Yule link???

Widget Code:

<object type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowScriptAccess="always" height="230" width="150" align="middle" data="http://www.justgiving.com/widgets/jgwidget.swf" flashvars="EggId=2713827&IsMS=0"><param name="movie" value="http://www.justgiving.com/widgets/jgwidget.swf" /><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always" /><param name="allowNetworking" value="all" /><param name="quality" value="high" /><param name="wmode" value="transparent" /><param name="flashvars" value="EggId=2713827&IsMS=0" /></object>

Last edited by a moderator:
How's this going for you moamb? :)

Hey, Its going ok thanks.

Im training on my mountain bike at moment so not ideal but making me work harder than a road bike so guess its better in a way. Will have my new bike for the bike to work scheme by the time i do it so that should be better.

Just need to start swimming as this will probably be my worst event and its the first one so mite be dead on the first event lol.

Also thank you for your sponsor and everyone who has sponsored me so far its very much appreciated.

:littleang:

: thanks :

Last edited:
Update:

Been training and have been doing around 5 miles a day on my bike just to get my fitness levels up and thats ok. Have a little route that i like but will have to start doing more and more as it get closer to the date.

I went swimming on Friday for the first time. I had looked on internet at opening times and the one swimming baths opens up at 6.30 in the morning so thought cool can do a swim before work but then thought i didnt want to look like a sado and be there to early so got there at about 6.50, how wrong was i cuz the bleeding pool was packed. Was so surprised that there was so many people swimming that early. Im planning on going every day this week in the morning before work with all the old wrinkley people that are also in the pool at silly oclock in the morning. :proud:

i donate every month to cancer research and red cross (for the boys in afgan)

I have sponsored (well to be honest I'm about to :) ) I have also put a post on Tri and Help

If you would like a login to do updates on your training then drop me a PM.

Likewise, If anyone else is doing a sports event in aid of charity just drop me a line and I'll do what I can to promote.

Hey people,

Training is going well and thank you for asking.

The last 2 weeks the swimming baths have been closed due to some work that needed to be done so i have been going the gym and using the runners and using the bike's to get me ready for all the events.

As of Monday (tomorrow) im back swimming in the morning and biking to work and from work. My plan this week is as follows:

Day 1, 3, 5 - Bike to Swimming do some lenths and bike back home, then to work and back home.

Day 2, 4 - same but go gym and work on my running.

Then swop it round the week after.

Well cant believe it but only 2 weeks left and not ashamed to say im scared but as i have said im not in to beat any records. I want to start and finish and raise some money while doing it.

I have said before but A BIG THANK YOU for all the donations so far and please feel free to donate (any amount you can afford) if you can. All links below my Signature.

@ eazi,

Thanks for the extra exposure m8 and posting the link to my just giving page. Have added Rep for that one. :proud:

Regards

Ray

No problem mate.

Its not entirely out of the goodeness of my heart.

I hope, it does get you more exposure, and every post gets repeated on Twitter / Facebook. I had to give up my physical work in aid of charity due to injury and so now have no content for the site.

Happy to use it as a vehicle for the ggod people here that do things for charity but if I get an offer to take over the site I will let it go.

OK people,

Cant believe it but there is only 1 week yes ONLY 1 week till i do the triathlon.
Need to really get on with the training this week but will stop about Thursday so body can have a little rest before the big day.
Im booking the Monday off after so my body can rest too. :proud:

Sponsor money is going ok but sending the troops out this week to try and get as much as possible.

If you can sponsor me please do so by clicking the link below my sig. All money raised will go to Cancer research.

First time I've seen the thread. good luck m8.

Back