Travel in London

sempi

DW Regular
Reaction score
thinking of going down to London for a few days with the wife and daughter at the start of July, does anyone know the cheapest way of getting from gatwick to the docklands area (staying at the etap hotel at London city airport, flights to London city are double than what we will pay to gatwick so that is the reason for not flying into London city)

If your thinking about going on the train look at booking one way fairs. i.e one way there and one way back.

Last edited:
I always use TheTrainLine (google it) for my tickets. Also make sure you compare return ticket prices to two one way prices as sometimes they are very different. Lastly book in advance (1month Before) as you will save quite a bit.

sempi.....have u got a date for ur travel yet, i'll tell u why. cos depends what day of the week it is hun and time it won't cost u nothing....lol

me being a good member (ok guy's please stop clapping me and surronding me)...lol i'm around Crawley servicing the M&S store once a week and then after that i'm back to the warehouse to unload which is at Charlton, so i could pick u up and drop u at the docklands....for not a single dime hun.

sempi.....have u got a date for ur travel yet, i'll tell u why. cos depends what day of the week it is hun and time it won't cost u nothing....lol

me being a good member (ok guy's please stop clapping me and surronding me)...lol i'm around Crawley servicing the M&S store once a week and then after that i'm back to the warehouse to unload which is at Charlton, so i could pick u up and drop u at the docklands....for not a single dime hun.

pm sent back tina

thanks

thinking of going down to London for a few days with the wife and daughter at the start of July, does anyone know the cheapest way of getting from gatwick to the docklands area (staying at the etap hotel at London city airport, flights to London city are double than what we will pay to gatwick so that is the reason for not flying into London city)

i think cheapest is to go by coach, they have good fares to london like national express

could you take me down please, ill go for the free ride lol

Failing a free lift get a train from Gatwick to London Bridge (Not the Gatwick express .. to expensive) then one stop on the undergound (Northern Line) to Bank Station Then DLR (Docklands light Railway) to London city airport

DLR Map

London Underground Map

If you going to travel via underground then it maybe worth your while getting a oyster card - saves a bit of pounds.

Back