Transponder scan freezes with dw1.6.1

aftermath

Inactive User
Reaction score
Can anyone help me here, trying to set up my box using dw1.6.1, the problem i have is the transponder scan keeps freezing at 282 MHz during the scan.I had the new neutrino on and worked fine only i lost a few channels, couldnt pick up E4 e.t.c. ?

Do you mean the box is completely unresponsive?

After initially starting the scan, it finds a valid transponder and then asks you to start the scan again. Are you sure it's not sitting waiting for you to click start again?

Hi Devil
i tried copying the sevrices file over but got a red cross sign saying no network.
I am at the moment trying the gemini image, seems to be scanning the transponders allright.
I will try the DW 1.6.1, after i get this one up and running.
will i need to re load the Dreambox rel109 from fresh, then flash dw1.6.1 with dreamup, also do i say no to the options erase flash first before flashing, cheers bud.

It's always a good idea to erase the flash first, then you know you're starting with a clean slate.

I can't remember this exactly, hitting a memory blank, but if you have a Gemini image on the box, it may fook up if you try to flash another image over the top of it. You might need to flash the original firmware first, then the image of your choice. I can't remember 100% but if you just try and flash another image first and you end up with a blank screen after rebooting, you'll know you have to flash the original firmware first.

See here if you get into any trouble.

Back