transformer needed

allroad

Inactive User
Reaction score
anyone know were i can get a transformer that can plug into the mains but only give out 13.5 vdc

local electric shop should have em m8, they work from 3v to 12v one i have does only cost about a fiver. Is it for a programmer type use.

needs to be 13.5 output its for my mums nebuliser the plug in charger / mains adapter has blew up

Lol, from the title I thought you were after Optimus Prime. Robots in Disguise!!

@ earwig me to lol

i have the old megatron with the purple gun if any good paul ;)

Regards
Mickie D

you could try maplins power surply

Maplins
XM20W 3A 13.8V DC PSU62 in Stock £14.99
also 5amp model as well 19.99
any of them would do you

still searching i can only find ones up to 12v really need 13.5 urgent for my mum

a standard 13.8v dc power supply should be fine.
they are widely available in maplins ect.

the alternative would be to repair the original power supply.
the usual problem with these transformer type power supplies is a thermal fuse inside the windings it can often be looped out with spare taps on the transformer.

since it is knackered already - i will be happy to take a look at it for you.
the worst thing about these things is taking the case apart and reassembling the case afterwards.

mike it was bought in the usa so the original poer supply is no good as its blowen up need a uk one asap

allroad said:
mike it was bought in the usa so the original poer supply is no good as its blowen up need a uk one asap

thats no worries mate - you can purchase a step down transformer all over the place to make the power supply work.
of course you will need to know what you are doing electrically. as i said i reckon if your that stuck i could breathe some life into it as a last resort.
i think the sega megadrive is a 10v transformer so it probably rules it out.

as long as you buy a 12v 1amp unregulated supply you should find it works no problems, as these usually dish out at least 13.5 volts upto an amp.

Back