• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

training for long bike rides on road

A simple method I've picked up to train for long road biking events is to train on a mountain bike. once you get used to the mountain bike, going on a legit road bike makes it seem like you're simply flying bye

miggy

VIP Member
VIP Member
A simple method I've picked up to train for long road biking events is to train on a mountain bike. once you get used to the mountain bike, going on a legit road bike makes it seem like you're simply flying bye
Pure genius another good tip is to never ride a bike with square wheels it could get a little bumpy.

edogg

Inactive User
experience from my youth get the lightest bike you can afford not carbon too rigid start with twenty mile rides and build up 100 ml in a day is easily achievable within months

Manse

DW Member +
best tip, remember that road signs and traffic lights DO apply to bikes as well.

oneman

VIP Member
VIP Member
And if you are wearing headphones, make sure you can still hear what's going on.

D 8 RCS

VIP Member
VIP Member
Preparation for a long bike ride.....................................plenty of padding for your backside and a tub of cream in case the padding doesn't work.

Preparation for a long bike ride.....................................plenty of padding for your backside and a tub of cream in case the padding doesn't work.
best advice ever. if you only do one thing get some proper bike shorts and a tub of nappy cream or you won't be able to sit down for a week.

just make sure you put fuel in and check your oil mind your crash helmet

TEST