town planning committee

zhinkler

Inactive User
Reaction score
ever noticed they put bus stops and traffic signals in the most awkward places?
I've seen a bustop almost on a junction and traffic signals in a similar place? It causes absolute mayhem sometimes at the junction, imagine turning the corner and finding a bus sat there, sometimes you get a queue of traffic back onto the main road all waiting to turn in.

they could just have easily put them in place further down the road....

what kind of morons approve these plans in the first place?

in general it's the same morons who drive cars m8 - when did you last see your local councilors on a bus lol

the problem isnt the bus stops - it's far too many people use cars these days - for journeys which should be unnecessary if people had thought ahead.

example 1 - cars MUST apparently be used to take kids back and forth to school - reason being it's nto safe to walk there coz of all the cars - erm....
example 2 - cars are needed to do shopping - why? coz 20 years ago some brigth spark thoguht it would be a good idea to build all the shops severl miles out of the town centres so only peopel with cards could reach them, of course free buses were initially provided but these were soon pay buses and then no buses lol
example 3 - I need my car to get to work - erm - no you dont - any particular reason you cant work locally or at least local to a public transport terminus? of course - coz some muppet decided it woudl be a good idea to put all places of work as far from residendial area's as possible and then not run public transport to it so people couldn't get to and from work on time without using a car

my point is far from there being a consipiracy against car owners the entire infrastucture of the country has been setup so that you cant do anything without a car - needlessly and fairly shortsightedly - I can only assume numerous backhanders were involved given the stated policies of the time included improving public transport - afer 30 years of these "improvements" it still isnt possible to catch a bus to most industrial estates so as to get to work on time in most area's - oddly before these improvements people had no problems getting to work on time using public transport lol

does that rant let you know how I feel about your position re bus stop placement lol?

Why should i pay all the money i do Probbley about 4 k a year to run a car and take a bus

Resons i take a car

1) Most conftable way to travle
2) The quicker than a bus
3) Would porbbley spend the same amount of money going places that i would use the car for in a bus
4) I enjoy driving

selfish mabey - however i dont really care mabey if it wasnt so expensive i would take a bus to certin places and leave the car at home. But just when i have a lot of time cause they dont usually turn up on time and im allways late. So i dont bother i take the car.

ever noticed they put bus stops and traffic signals in the most awkward places?
I've seen a bustop almost on a junction and traffic signals in a similar place? It causes absolute mayhem sometimes at the junction, imagine turning the corner and finding a bus sat there, sometimes you get a queue of traffic back onto the main road all waiting to turn in.

they could just have easily put them in place further down the road....

what kind of morons approve these plans in the first place?

To get back to the topic.

I agree that some of the "planning" looks like random acts of madness at times, we have a junction at the end of our street that when a bus stops at the right place half the bus hangs right across the T junction.

But the one thing I have found is loads of peeps will sit and winge about stuff but won't put paper to pen and write to the planning office, I have and was quite suprised by the quick reaction I got !

No harm in trying ......

I didnt realise I was off topic - thought the thread was on town planning committee's and their shortcomings lol

in general it's the same morons who drive cars m8 - when did you last see your local councilors on a bus lol

the problem isnt the bus stops - it's far too many people use cars these days - for journeys which should be unnecessary if people had thought ahead.

example 1 - cars MUST apparently be used to take kids back and forth to school - reason being it's nto safe to walk there coz of all the cars - erm....
example 2 - cars are needed to do shopping - why? coz 20 years ago some brigth spark thoguht it would be a good idea to build all the shops severl miles out of the town centres so only peopel with cards could reach them, of course free buses were initially provided but these were soon pay buses and then no buses lol
example 3 - I need my car to get to work - erm - no you dont - any particular reason you cant work locally or at least local to a public transport terminus? of course - coz some muppet decided it woudl be a good idea to put all places of work as far from residendial area's as possible and then not run public transport to it so people couldn't get to and from work on time without using a car

my point is far from there being a consipiracy against car owners the entire infrastucture of the country has been setup so that you cant do anything without a car - needlessly and fairly shortsightedly - I can only assume numerous backhanders were involved given the stated policies of the time included improving public transport - afer 30 years of these "improvements" it still isnt possible to catch a bus to most industrial estates so as to get to work on time in most area's - oddly before these improvements people had no problems getting to work on time using public transport lol

does that rant let you know how I feel about your position re bus stop placement lol?

my point was, nobody's arguing about putting up bustops or using public transport but if you're gonna put up a bus stop would you put it on the corner of a street or a little further in where it may be less of an obstruction?? a little common sense maybe....

did notbody on the commitee think "hang on, it's a bit close to that junction..lets move it to the middle of the road"

Back