touring the scottish highlands

edogg

Inactive User
Reaction score
Im off tomorrow going to tour the highlands starting from the Inverness area and then working up the east coast to John O groats and down the west coast

Im off tomorrow going to tour the highlands starting from the Inverness area and then working up the east coast to John O groats and down the west coast

If you get a chance cut across to the kyle of tongue. The scenery is spectacular.

Fantastic up there, done it a few times, make sure to visit the Glenfiddic distilery and while at Inverness, drive up to Chromaty to see the dolphins. Not forgetting Culloden battlefield.

Enjoy the tour m8.

have a grate time iam shore you will check and rest the car from time to time do take your brake down cover with you enjoy the tripl

and while ur there.....shout....OCHAYETHENOOOOOOOOO from digitalworldz :banana:

Is there somewhere up there that does glass bottom boat trips?

I saw a documentry not long ago about this and it looked awesome.

Not sure exactly where it was though.

Maybe any of you lot from up there could expand on this? Think it was the East coast but I may be well out.

Is there somewhere up there that does glass bottom boat trips?

I saw a documentry not long ago about this and it looked awesome.

Not sure exactly where it was though.

Maybe any of you lot from up there could expand on this? Think it was the East coast but I may be well out.

you mean this ? west coast tho.

lol, wtf is an occaisional shark anyway?

LandmarkFront.jpg

Last edited:
It's a bit of a treck but when you hit Fortwilliam turn right and head to Kilchoen, when you can see eagles & owls on the telegraph poles you know you have found the country.

In my opinion one of the most beautiful places in Scotland and well worth the drive.

When you reach Fort William, take 'the road to the isles', towards Mallaig. When you get to Corpach, turn left just before the shops and go down to the canal basin. This will give you one of the best views of Ben Nevis and Fort William. Back on the road to Mallaig, watch out for the Glenfinnan Viaduct, where the Harry Potter School Train sequences are filmed.(check out this site http://www.road-to-the-isles.org.uk/glenfinnan.html).
Further down the road is Morar, where on a nice day you can sit on the white sands and if you're brave enough, have a paddle in the loch. All in all, a nice day out if the weather is good!:proud:

Back