Total noob

kinel

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi all this is my first post in the sat room so i hope you will forgive my ignorance.I have acquired a echostar ds8-8082c1 viaccess sat decoder along with 1 magic module and magic modul progammer.My problem is how do i put all this equipment to proper use ie how to programme and which files do i need to get it running. Any help would be gratefully received,thanks.

Join ### good section on cams, magic cams limited, you need a diablo as its nearly the dogs bollocks.

Last edited by a moderator:
The equipment you have is outdated so there isnt any support for latest hacks or anything useful. If you are looking to use the equipment with official cards or just FTA channels then it will be fine, but other than that you may need something more updated to be able to benefit more. A new cam like the diablo is one way, or the Predator cam, but then you need to have a newer programmer. Sometimes its just cheaper to get a modern receiver that is easily patched and well supported, eg. a tm1000 may cost about £75 total and will do everything plus is very simple, so maybe a new cam in the echostar is not the way forward?
Really, bottom line is that the equipment you have is ok for Free-to-air and possibly ok used with official cards.
Regards.

The equipment you have is outdated so there isnt any support for latest hacks or anything useful. If you are looking to use the equipment with official cards or just FTA channels then it will be fine, but other than that you may need something more updated to be able to benefit more. A new cam like the diablo is one way, or the Predator cam, but then you need to have a newer programmer. Sometimes its just cheaper to get a modern receiver that is easily patched and well supported, eg. a tm1000 may cost about £75 total and will do everything plus is very simple, so maybe a new cam in the echostar is not the way forward?
Really, bottom line is that the equipment you have is ok for Free-to-air and possibly ok used with official cards.
Regards.

Thanks for the advice think ill go for the tm 1000 then.

Back