BIOS/UEFI toshiba tecra A11 superviser

johnny bravo

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
hi guys - bought a second hand toshy from carboot last week its a A11..it had no hard drive as the seller took it out due to data on it...anyway it comes on and everything but has an unknown Bios/Supervisor password and the ONLY boot option which is active is to boot from a hard drive...obviously there is no hard drive..any suggestions ?...i could put in a hard drive but it will have no operating system on it...i need to get into bios to change boot from cd drive so i can load a op system on it...any ideas ? ta

ps went back today to see if i could get the bios supervisor password from seller but coudnt find him...dam!

I’m not sure if hiren’s would boot without a hard disk but if it did you could change the password for the bios that way

Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.
[/CODE]

BIOS / CMOS Tools
----------------------------------

!BIOS 3.20 - A powerfull utility for bios and cmos. (Dos Freeware)

BIOS Cracker 5.0 - BIOS password remover (cmospwd). (Dos Freeware)

BIOS Utility 1.35.0 - BIOS Informations, password, beep codes and more. (Dos Freeware)

CMOS 0.93 - CMOS Save / Restore Tool. (Dos Freeware)

Kill CMOS - A tiny utility to wipe cmos. (Dos Freeware)

UniFlash 1.40 - BIOS flash utility. (Dos Freeware)

Last edited:
Before attempting to bypass the BIOS password on a computer, please take a minute to contact the hardware manufacturer support staff directly and ask for their recommended methods of bypassing the BIOS security. In the event the manufacturer cannot (or will not) help you, there are a number of methods that can be used to bypass or reset the BIOS password yourself. They include:

Using a manufacturers backdoor password to access the BIOS

Use password cracking software

Reset the CMOS using the jumpers or solder beads.

Removing the CMOS battery for at least 10 minutes

Overloading the keyboard buffer

Please remember that most BIOS passwords do not protect the hard drive, so if you need to recover the data, simply remove the hard drive and install it in an identical system, or configure it as a slave drive in an existing system. The exception to this are laptops, especially IBM Thinkpads, which silently lock the hard drive if the supervisor password is enabled. If the supervisor password is reset without resetting the and hard drive as well, you will be unable to access the data on the drive.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Backdoor passwords

Many BIOS manufacturers have provided backdoor passwords that can be used to access the BIOS setup in the event you have lost your password. These passwords are case sensitive, so you may wish to try a variety of combinations. Keep in mind that the key associated to "_" in the US keyboard corresponds to "?" in some European keyboards. Laptops typically have better BIOS security than desktop systems, and we are not aware of any backdoor passwords that will work with name brand laptops.

WARNING: Some BIOS configurations will lock you out of the system completely if you type in an incorrect password more than 3 times. Read your manufacturers documentation for the BIOS setting before you begin typing in passwords

Award BIOS backdoor passwords:

ALFAROME ALLy aLLy aLLY ALLY aPAf _award AWARD_SW AWARD?SW AWARD SW AWARD PW AWKWARD awkward BIOSTAR CONCAT CONDO Condo d8on djonet HLT J64 J256 J262 j332 j322 KDD Lkwpeter LKWPETER PINT pint SER SKY_FOX SYXZ syxz shift + syxz TTPTHA ZAAADA ZBAAACA ZJAAADC 01322222
589589 589721 595595 598598

AMI BIOS backdoor passwords:

AMI AAAMMMIII BIOS PASSWORD HEWITT RAND AMI?SW AMI_SW LKWPETER A.M.I. CONDO

PHOENIX BIOS backdoor passwords:

phoenix, PHOENIX, CMOS, BIOS

MISC. COMMON PASSWORDS

ALFAROME BIOSTAR biostar biosstar CMOS cmos LKWPETER lkwpeter setup SETUP Syxz Wodj

OTHER BIOS PASSWORDS BY MANUFACTURER

Manufacturer Password
VOBIS & IBM merlin
Dell Dell
Biostar Biostar
Compaq Compaq
Enox xo11nE
Epox central
Freetech Posterie
IWill iwill
Jetway spooml
Packard Bell bell9
QDI QDI
Siemens SKY_FOX
TMC BIGO
Toshiba Toshiba

TOSHIBA BIOS

Most Toshiba laptops and some desktop systems will bypass the BIOS password if the left shift key is held down during boot

IBM APTIVA BIOS

Press both mouse buttons repeatedly during the boot

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

thanks guys ill try some of those methods..ill post back..i gave the laptop to a mate to see if he can do it for me...hes more computer savvy then me lol..

actually i have hirens boot cd somewhere...but cant see how to boot that up ..alsoo i read somehwere about using the old 1.44 floppys....i have a usb floppy disc reader and some floppies but not familar with DOS commands

If it has a floppy disc it must be very old, is it worth the effort you are going through.

Last time I installed an operating system with floppy discs was Windows 95 with 22 floppy disks

lol no, the laptop is modern it has an i3 processor, i was just saying i have a usb floppy drive stashed away in the loft that perhaps i can use...its a tecra A11-1EE

hi guys - bought a second hand toshy from carboot last week its a A11..it had no hard drive as the seller took it out due to data on it...anyway it comes on and everything but has an unknown Bios/Supervisor password and the ONLY boot option which is active is to boot from a hard drive...obviously there is no hard drive..any suggestions ?...i could put in a hard drive but it will have no operating system on it...i need to get into bios to change boot from cd drive so i can load a op system on it...any ideas ? ta

ps went back today to see if i could get the bios supervisor password from seller but coudnt find him...dam!
Hi, i have toshiba tecra a11 and it's locked on startup. have you sorted out your pc, have you reset bios password?i need some info where bios chip is located and the name of the chip to erase it.

toshiba tecra a11
bios chip : winbond 25q32bvsig
next to RAM

sorry mate ..i cant remember that was a long time ago..

Back