• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Torrent upload speed

toonmadlad

Inactive User
Hi, this might seem like a daft question to most of you computer wizards out there. I am uploading files via utorrent but the max speed i can upload is around 45-50 kb/s. I have 4meg broadband connection and connecting too utorrent via the wireless card on the laptop, through a router. is this speed normal for the 4 meg connection or is it due to the fact that im connecting wirelessly. thanks

edogg

VIP Member
VIP Member
Hi m8 i also use Utorent but with 2meg wireless, download speed is more to do with how many peers are sharing a file i sometimes ger 130kbt/s and somtimes 10-25kbt/s

toonmadlad

Inactive User
download speed is not a problem, between 300/400 kb/s dependent on the seeders, but its the upload speed that i think should be more. im thinking it might be my configuration, wireless card-router-modem. maybe it would be faster direct to the modem with the ethenet cable into the laptop. but before I started messing with the system and the wife starts kicking me I just thought i'd ask you guys on here.

Reddevil

VIP Member
VIP Member
you can change the upload speed from the menu OPTIONS/SPEED GUIDE just pick a speed that suits you.

you can also limit download speed by double clicking the torrent and adding max upload/download speed manually

hatab

VIP Member
VIP Member
Premium Member
Hi, this might seem like a daft question to most of you computer wizards out there. I am uploading files via utorrent but the max speed i can upload is around 45-50 kb/s. I have 4meg broadband connection and connecting too utorrent via the wireless card on the laptop, through a router. is this speed normal for the 4 meg connection or is it due to the fact that im connecting wirelessly. thanks

nowt to do with your setup that is about what u will get for a 4m link, if u go to may of the bb speed testing sites they will test your down and upload speed. if u are on nthell or teleypest cable then you will get something like 4000kbs for download speed and 384kbs upload.

h**p://www.speedtest.net/

so 45/50 kb/s is ok this is kilobytes/s on test site its kilobits/s

if u go to your isp web site u should find the nominal values u can expect.

toonmadlad

Inactive User
thanks for the info, no need to start messing with all the settings then. thanks everybody :Cheers: