Torrent ratio

ok guys, looks like your all old pro's at this, so is a download rate of 220kB/s but a upload rate of only 20kB/s (averages) normal or have a got a problem with my upload speeds.
problem i got is if i download say a HD film (13gb) i gotta leave the pc on for a week solid uploading to get back evens on the ratio.

sort of negates the fast download in the first place.

tips, guys please !

cheers

ok guys, looks like your all old pro's at this, so is a download rate of 220kB/s but a upload rate of only 20kB/s (averages) normal or have a got a problem with my upload speeds.
problem i got is if i download say a HD film (13gb) i gotta leave the pc on for a week solid uploading to get back evens on the ratio.

sort of negates the fast download in the first place.

tips, guys please !

cheers

Never seen a HD film (13gb) and been downloading years and if it was 13 gig why would you want to download it anyway just to watch on a pc, but if you must download a file with that crappy download speed and upload speed then why not donate and get you ratio knocked on the head

I would never even attempt to download a 13gb file lol. even tho im on 10mb internet.

yeah it was a good connection ,, the mighty compuserve as i recall.
everytime the woman next door put her toaster on i got disconnected

i also remember having to pay a £30 per month subscription and my mrs threatening divorce over the £150 a month phone bill..(sigh) those were the days

Last edited:
yeah...you young'uns dont know yer bloody born...what wi yer broadbands and dual bleedin cores .. bahhh

Never seen a HD film (13gb) and been downloading years and if it was 13 gig why would you want to download it anyway just to watch on a pc, but if you must download a file with that crappy download speed and upload speed then why not donate and get you ratio knocked on the head

there is a section on tl, for hd films, but ok it was a bad example. just wanna know if upload speed is normally around 10% of download speed and dont need smug answers about my "crappy" connection coz its all i can afford so im stuck with it .

i remember downloading lord of the rings, i set my download going and went to spain for 17 days, and it was still downloading when i got back lol

there is a section on tl, for hd films, but ok it was a bad example. just wanna know if upload speed is normally around 10% of download speed and dont need smug answers about my "crappy" connection coz its all i can afford so im stuck with it .

yes m8 10% is about right

cheating isnt wrong its the whole ratio system thats wrong
i aint gonna do my usual long rant etc... but :) you all know i am a cheat but since i still upload the only thing being cheated is the tracker ratio and not the other peers downloading, my cheat still uploads to them as normal.

cheating isnt wrong its the whole ratio system thats wrong
i aint gonna do my usual long rant etc... but :) you all know i am a cheat but since i still upload the only thing being cheated is the tracker ratio and not the other peers downloading, my cheat still uploads to them as normal.

dunno why anyone would be arsed with all that private sh1T anyway
i can get a movie off of torrentspy in 2 hours and i dont need to cheat or lie or nothin. but i do seed which i think is what actually matters.. its not called file shareing for nothing guys ..cmon

dunno why anyone would be arsed with all that private sh1T anyway
i can get a movie off of torrentspy in 2 hours and i dont need to cheat or lie or nothin. but i do seed which i think is what actually matters.. its not called file shareing for nothing guys ..cmon

well mate the reason is that i can download a movie in 8-10mins on average :)
like i said you still share and the only thing being cheated is the trackers stats so everyones a winner : colors1

Back