• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Torent Problem

Dingodog

DW Member ++
I was lucky enough to be invited onto Torrentleech recently and I am trying to improve my ratio, I have read in the FAQ's a good way of doing this is to just d load the "preview" part of the torrent and then seed it. How do I d load "just" the preview part answers simple pls as I am a complete newb in this area an strugglin to get me head round it. Many thanks in advance.

Devilfish

DW Regular
When I download a torrent, a window opens on my torrent client (BitLord) and it shows me the contents of the torrent. There might be a .txt file with instructions, there might be a couple of .bmp files for covers if it's a cd, etc. and I can uncheck the files that I don't want to download. I guess it depends on what client you are using.

M

mufc

I have been a member of torrentleech about 4 years now and regarding your ratio just download something of use and seed it to death and build your ratio that way .
Or donate to build your ratio ,if you have got your invite of someone else and you mess up that person will be banned for inviting you beware .
I still have 4 invites but you have to be careful or bingo your out .

devvo

Inactive User
I have been a member of torrentleech about 4 years now and regarding your ratio just download something of use and seed it to death and build your ratio that way .
Or donate to build your ratio ,if you have got your invite of someone else and you mess up that person will be banned for inviting you beware .
I still have 4 invites but you have to be careful or bingo your out .
can u spare me an invite m8ty

Dingodog

DW Member ++
Ok I'm using ABC [yet another bittorrent client], I can view the files that make up the torrent but I cant see any way of selection/deselection. Maybe I should try Bitlord too.

Dingodog

DW Member ++
Ok thanks for the replies, I have d loaded Bitlord and as Devilfish says I can uncheck what I dont want, prob is now how do I get the downloaded files from ABC to Bitlord so I can continue seeding. Sorry for sounding so stupid but me heads been on overload with all of this lol

Devilfish

DW Regular
Just go to the torrent website and click on the link again. A new window will pop up asking you to open it with a specific program, select BitLord and it will open up.

eamondo

Member ++
I use Bit comet and it is great i get nearly 300kbs everyday and it also gives previews of what your downloading