top screen for ds

seanicca

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
need a top screen for a ds (not lite) anyone know a cheap place

cheers m8,gonna try bowlers at weekend if not ill try there

A word of caution.

A mate at work tried to replace one recently and made a complete mess of it. The problem is that the ribbon cable needs to go through the hinge assembly and he found this is a bit tricky to do. He managed to tear the ribbon while trying to get the routing right. Of course that was after he got adhesive all over the new screen while trying to transfer the foam surround from the other one, and after losing one of the springs from the shoulder assembly. On top of this, somehow he managed to snap the power switch as he took it apart.

Perhaps he's more clumsy than most, but it's probably worth reading a few guides first.

A word of caution.

A mate at work tried to replace one recently and made a complete mess of it. The problem is that the ribbon cable needs to go through the hinge assembly and he found this is a bit tricky to do. He managed to tear the ribbon while trying to get the routing right. Of course that was after he got adhesive all over the new screen while trying to transfer the foam surround from the other one, and after losing one of the springs from the shoulder assembly. On top of this, somehow he managed to snap the power switch as he took it apart.

Perhaps he's more clumsy than most, but it's probably worth reading a few guides first.

:roflmao:
Your mate must be the most clumsy person alive? YES
I think after you read and watch the videos
It does look and sound easy
But its a hr+ work if youve done it before so take your time(took me 3 hr to replace my 1st case)
Main thing is every bit is frigile so steady hands are needed
Oh just be careful of the mike wire its very vey fragile

took me 2 hours first time as long as you watch the tut and be careful

Back