Took my box to my mates house in TW land...

26 may 1999

Inactive User
Reaction score
I'm in ex C/W...

As I thought...No signal.

But why is this?

He wants to buy one and will no doubt be flashing the same image as me onto it (DW1.61)

Would the box have worked if I had for instance connected it to a friends feed in C/W land?

Ta.

I'm in ex C/W...

As I thought...No signal.

But why is this?

He wants to buy one and will no doubt be flashing the same image as me onto it (DW1.61)

Would the box have worked if I had for instance connected it to a friends feed in C/W land?

Ta.

i think the service frequencies are different on tw compared to cw. did u do a bruteforce scan or jus tried using the channels already on the box?

i think 6887(?) is ntl/cw and 6xxx is tw, but bruteforce will do both.

might be right, might be wrong, but thats my 2 cents :)

TW is 6952 but as you say bruteforce should cover all.

I just connected it up to his feed mate...

To be honest I'm frightened to death of doing anything else to my box in case I brick it.

bricking is minor when it comes to dreambox, its not like bricking your psp, all u need is a null cable wire, and your up again

Good...

I'm using DW image but want to try one of the others.

Is it straight forward putting a new image on?

yeh simple as pie, if u got 10min spare use DreamUp, its safe as can be, or if u wanna rush it jus use FTP FlashWizardPro (if the firmware u are flashing supports it, as some firmwares are too big to go thru FTP).

i usually use DreamUp, its only 10min and u jus click Flash and select the firmware lol. really is simple.

as for ya mates place, jus plug box in and do a new service scan, and select brute force (if u got the bruteforce xml file???)

Back