• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Took my box to my mates house in TW land...

26 may 1999

Inactive User
I'm in ex C/W...

As I thought...No signal.

But why is this?

He wants to buy one and will no doubt be flashing the same image as me onto it (DW1.61)

Would the box have worked if I had for instance connected it to a friends feed in C/W land?

Ta.

solster

I'm in ex C/W...

As I thought...No signal.

But why is this?

He wants to buy one and will no doubt be flashing the same image as me onto it (DW1.61)

Would the box have worked if I had for instance connected it to a friends feed in C/W land?

Ta.

i think the service frequencies are different on tw compared to cw. did u do a bruteforce scan or jus tried using the channels already on the box?

i think 6887(?) is ntl/cw and 6xxx is tw, but bruteforce will do both.

might be right, might be wrong, but thats my 2 cents :)

26 may 1999

Inactive User
I just connected it up to his feed mate...

To be honest I'm frightened to death of doing anything else to my box in case I brick it.

fisal

Inactive User
bricking is minor when it comes to dreambox, its not like bricking your psp, all u need is a null cable wire, and your up again

26 may 1999

Inactive User
Good...

I'm using DW image but want to try one of the others.

Is it straight forward putting a new image on?

solster

yeh simple as pie, if u got 10min spare use DreamUp, its safe as can be, or if u wanna rush it jus use FTP FlashWizardPro (if the firmware u are flashing supports it, as some firmwares are too big to go thru FTP).

i usually use DreamUp, its only 10min and u jus click Flash and select the firmware lol. really is simple.

as for ya mates place, jus plug box in and do a new service scan, and select brute force (if u got the bruteforce xml file???)