TomTom Software maps not found

I just got Tom Tom working again on my Binatone G500 after accidently deleting some files from my sd card while trying to get Tom Tom working on another sat nav and it's all working again perfectly, thanks to this thread.

Tidus32x.... at one stage I had a "no map" alert when fixing the new Binatone G500, and I sorted it by adding a shell.ini file to the root of the card. I have uploaded the file to MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service (It's only 42kb) .... This might not be your problem but it worked for me....

Cheers....

I can get UK maps to work fine, but I cant get USA maps on instead of the UK maps as I dont have enough space. DOes anyone have a clue how to do this?

Thanks a very fraustrated shabba!!

I can get UK maps to work fine, but I cant get USA maps on instead of the UK maps as I dont have enough space. DOes anyone have a clue how to do this?

Thanks a very fraustrated shabba!!

you might have to get another 2gig memory card and put the usa maps on it and crack it

you might have to get another 2gig memory card and put the usa maps on it and crack it

Ah sorry I didnt mean theres not enough space, well there isnt. But what I meant was I tried to delete the UK maps and add the USA maps and crack them but it didnt work...

Ok, so Ive got a bigger card now... But Im still trying to add the USA maps to it - any ideas how to get them working?
Thanks

Thanks to Witchy links and good info on here i have got it all up and working on a x350, big thank you, but one slight annoyance is the clock keeps moving itself forward 1 hour ??

After searching all the tomtom menu's and not finding any options to set/change the time, i found i had to exit the and go into her setting of the x350 and was able to change the time and all was well when loading up to tom-tom again the clock was right, but within a few minutes the clock had jumped forward exactly 1 hour !!
i have repeated the same exercise several times ans it keeps doing it. It is it getting updated to European time by satellite ? can i stop it.

Appreciate any help.

Change the timezone on it? On mine before you load up TomTom from the main menu go System --> Date Time --> Time zone. Worth a try?
HH.
edit: could also check the date while you're there, might be a British Summertime thing? Not sure why the GPS satellites don't provide this data anyway, they know what date/time it is & exactly where you are.

Last edited:
hi all, hoping someone can help
I'm about thirty seconds away from finding the clawhammer and smashing my x350 to bits swiftly followed by my pc. Been trying for hours and hours and hours to load TT onto my Binatone x350. Heres what I've done

- downloaded the 7 TT attachments on page 2 of this thread
- download and installed jzip
- dragged the 7 downloaded TT files into j zip I then "extracted" them into a folder on my pc called "extracted TT files" (funny thing though - they all seemed to be same size as when I first downloaded them & also after I had extracted the first TT folder when I extracted the others jzip kept telling me "this file is the same as ..... do you want to replace file ... with ...."????????????)
- put the 208mb of files in the "mobilenavigator" and "UK & ROI" folders onto a formatted SD card
- put the sd card into the x350
- connected the x350 to the pc via activesync and dragged the tt folders into the flash folder on the x350
- disconnected everything and fired the x350 up

the unit goes into tt3 then asks for a voucher (???) and then tells me "cannot find file "iexplore"

I know the "muppet proof" key is meant to be just that but can somebody explain in simple english what the bl**dy hell I'm actually supposed to do? I cannot for the life of me see what I'm actually supposed to click / paste / transfer / etc.

when u get iexplore error take card out and put in ur pc and run "fast activate" that will auto inject keys into ur TT map.. google tomtom fast activate. i wrote a tutorial here https://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/index.php?threads/235674/ for a navigo. same process for activating maps but baud rate and com port will probably be different

Last edited by a moderator:
jondoe - youre a GOD!!!

once I'd loaded & run fastactivate everything unlocked and my x350 / Tom tom hybrid sprang into life!!

I found a site to get all the maps in rar format (bit slow despite the site name.....) and "Bob's your uncle"!!!!!

I've been away through the week in Europe and having an easy to use gps was an absolute godsend. Once again - many thanks indeed!!

I have download the files last week and used them on my rac 315, to travel to london all worked fine. I had the virus alert come up but just continued to install, than removed the software etc from my laptop afterwards.

Hi all, im new to this and am losing my mind with all the info..... basicaly i have an RAC 200 sat nav with route66 on it and would like to upgrade it to either igo or tomtom and dont know where to start now. I have tried to download the rar files on page 2 but it keeps saying something about not having permission to download, i dont mind paying ( if thats the problem ) but need to know more b4 i do.
Any help would be great, thx in advance.

Hi all, im new to this and am losing my mind with all the info..... basicaly i have an RAC 200 sat nav with route66 on it and would like to upgrade it to either igo or tomtom and dont know where to start now. I have tried to download the rar files on page 2 but it keeps saying something about not having permission to download, i dont mind paying ( if thats the problem ) but need to know more b4 i do.
Any help would be great, thx in advance.

If you read the previous post & the rules you signed up to, it is possible. You have to wait until you're eligible to download the files here or get them elsewhere. Then follow the info in this thread & as others have said it definitely is possible.
Good luck,
HH.

Thx m8, it says i need 5 posts ( i do ) but still cant download then, i will keep trying though :)

All sorted now, the links for download finally worked and I have the TomTom software working a treat. Just a tip though, the instructions in the download forget to tell you to rename the .exe file, after doing that it worked perfectly.

Thanks for the info !!

Good to hear, glad you got it sorted.
Hope you'll stick around DW, you never know there might be other info you need. Or maybe you can help somebody out e.g. with their satnav?
HH.

Back