tomtom on N70

Sal

Inactive User
Reaction score
Does anyone know if Tomtom 6 is stable on the N70.

I'm currently running tomtom 5.2 but it locks up on the bluetooth to the GPS.

Does anyone know if Tomtom 6 is stable on the N70.

I'm currently running tomtom 5.2 but it locks up on the bluetooth to the GPS.

what firmware have you got on your phone mate ?

On my n70 my firmware is v5.0616.2.0.3 24-04-06 RM-84

I currently use v5 from the link on this site, would v6 work on this phone?

yeah mate it does work on the N70. might have trouble with the gps receiver if you dont have the right firmware though.

ive got an n70 with v 5.0609.2.0.1 01-03-06 RM-84 firmware and run tomtom 5.2000 (443) and have the exact same problem.. it will lock on fine then during the journey it will jst lose its connection to the reciever and so has no signal ( i have to reboot it again to use the software).. ive heard there is a fault with the n70's ( i knw someone else who has the same problem with thier n70 2) but was wondering if their is ne way around it.. is it the software or the firmware? does anybody know if there is a stable connection on the fone now with newer programs..

ive got an n70 with v 5.0609.2.0.1 01-03-06 RM-84 firmware and run tomtom 5.2000 (443) and have the exact same problem.. it will lock on fine then during the journey it will jst lose its connection to the reciever and so has no signal ( i have to reboot it again to use the software).. ive heard there is a fault with the n70's ( i knw someone else who has the same problem with thier n70 2) but was wondering if their is ne way around it.. is it the software or the firmware? does anybody know if there is a stable connection on the fone now with newer programs..

go onto NSU and see if there is a newer version of software for your phone.

I've downloaded tomtom v6 now so i'll give it a try and let you know.

Please let us know how you get on Sal. But as i said above dont hold your breath because tomtom 6 is not compatible with the N70 firmware.

Carlos that post is for tomtom compatability not just tomtom 6 compatability which is what Sal was asking.

Can anyone advise if Tomtom 6 works with the Nokia 6233? ...or where I can find info on Tomtom and the 6233. Nothing on the Tomtom website...but its a Symbian Series 3 handset and they have started to support a few other series 3 handsets.

The Nokia 6233 and 6234 are identical inside (the 6234 is a Vodafone customer thing). Any info on the 6234 may also be useful.

i use 5.200(443) on my n70 and its only frozen once. what reciever do you have mines a fortuna clip on.

Back