TomTom 7 on PDA - Instructions

Hi

I'me a total newbie and have just signed up. Just got my first PPC a few weeks back - (Touch HD) took a while to realise that it isn't really a phone, but a pocket PC that can make calls. Fabulous peace of kit now that I am starting to get it installed with various apps... main trick is finding things that are both useful and actually work!

My mate has an iPhone and I was going to buy one but was persuaded by Orange to go for the HD instead (they didn't want me to leave...). I do think it should be better than an iPhone one day when I can get it installed with useful applications that work properly.

I also never knew until 2 weeks ago that there is a huge army of dedicated people in these forums, many of which are very clever ingenious individuals who share their work for the good of all. It appears to me that if it wasn't for these enthusiasts there wouldn't be much point of owning a PPC... so please keep up the good work.

I am currently trying to install tom tom navigator so it's quite a learning curve... but I am following your information and advice so hopefully I will be sucessful!

Cheers

Hello,

I see the instructions keep referring to map extension "META","PNA" & "DCT", all the versions of maps I have downloaded seem to have all the above mention extensions except DCT, is this correct? If so what do I do then?

And another issue I have is the device ID, according to everything I read the Device ID on my Pocket PC is an ID that i create myself, I have checked my Pocket PC and indeed that seems to be correct but for some reason it looks like the Device ID being required is a string of alphabetical letters and numbers is this correct and if so how do I find that?

Hi,
tomtom 7 says cannot find maps in my omnia. Maps are there on My Storage ( internal storage ) as well as my Storage card ( external storage)
Help
Steve

WTF are you all about?
There are more constructive (and less annoying) ways to increase your post count.

Post number one... I need to see those images in post #1 and the rules don't allow me unless I have 5 posts...
If it's not too much trouble could you please post them directly in forum, thank you!

you say i should have ' 3 files that end with META, PNA and DCT'

but i dont have a pna file?

ive got everything else

so what do i do ?

Last edited:
also

with the list of .meta i want 1 for the uk so do i just highlight a code from the list and copy and paste it in to a new tx file and move the file into ' insert_meta......

there should already be a .meta file in your map folder ?
thats the 1 that moves to your insert-meta

Hi,

I have installed TT v7 and UK map on my PDA OK. I have two problems :-

1) When I run TomTom the ActiveSynch program seems to also start up automatically - even though it is scheduled to only run manually. TT v6 did not do this !

2) The GPS TTFF (Time To First Fix) in TT v7 is slow compared to TomTom v6. I have configured the GPS setup same as in TT v6 but still get TTFF times of +10mins after an overnight switch off. This used to be typically 4-5mins with TT v6.

Any comments/advice ?

Does anyone have a favourate place to download the UK and Ireland maps?

Also - Does the Western Europe maps INCLUDE UK and NI?? as we are part of the EU...

JOnesy

What about the touch hd has anyone got tomtom 7 running
yes it will run on thd.
Im running version 7.910(9185)
map version 815.2034
western&central europe 2gig
also western&central europe 1gig
both version work fine on thd
hope that help.

Thanks for these detailed instructions and helpful discussions...I am going to try today...upgrade TT5 on my Palm PDA to TT7

I have got a pocket LOOX 600. What should I be using to get tomtom on it? I have tried the TT 520 from the stickys and also the tt6 which I had working on my old pocket l00x 400. Any help greatly appreciated, I'm pulling my hair out!

Back