TomTom 7 Digit Postcode Problems

The Dentist

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, a slight problem im having. I only have 4 digit postcode. now i been using this device for years now with no problem and suddenly i cant get 7 digit postcode working. Got the zip folder and tmtom folder in the root of the memory card. this was always working and suddenly just stopped. got so pissed off so uninstalled tomtom, got rid of everything to do with tomtom and reinstalled it all, still dont work. its tomtom 6 on mda compact 3.

even tried removing and reinserting memory card. dont think it be a case of not reading the card as the map is stored on it and it reads the map.

Hi guys, a slight problem im having. I only have 4 digit postcode. now i been using this device for years now with no problem and suddenly i cant get 7 digit postcode working. Got the zip folder and tmtom folder in the root of the memory card. this was always working and suddenly just stopped. got so pissed off so uninstalled tomtom, got rid of everything to do with tomtom and reinstalled it all, still dont work. its tomtom 6 on mda compact 3.

even tried removing and reinserting memory card. dont think it be a case of not reading the card as the map is stored on it and it reads the map.
try this this is off mine

here is a zip folder from tomtom 6 try this the other was from tomtom 7

cheers mate. still not working tho. think its my device but cant think what.

Its windows mobile 6 with the following extra programs.
chessgenius
windows live messanger
resco keyboard
best regedit

could any of them programs conflict?

im an idiot! i had bluetooth folder enabled thats why it wouldnt see the zip folder.

for anyone else having problems like this,

Start > Settings > Connections > Bluetooth > FTP > Untick "enable bluetooth explorer"

try this this is off mine

Hi,

I am trying to setup 7 digit postcodes in TomTom 7 for my HTC TyTN II and the Zip file you have here looks like what i need.....

however i when i click the file it says i may not have permission to view it or it may be missing etc ?
has it been moved / removed / blocked ?

thx

Jedismurf

you need to have 20 posts or donate to the site before you can download stuff.

As you are a new member you should have went here first m8.

Enjoy the site.

Hi,

I am trying to setup 7 digit postcodes in TomTom 7 for my HTC TyTN II and the Zip file you have here looks like what i need.....

however i when i click the file it says i may not have permission to view it or it may be missing etc ?
has it been moved / removed / blocked ?

thx

Jedismurf

You can get the latest postcode file direct from tom toms web site. Look in the the support section and search postcode.

Freddy

Back