tomtom 510

killeruk

Inactive User
Reaction score
can anybody help me out i`ve got a tomtom 510 and every now and then it wanders i can be in manchester and it thinks that it`s in newcastle help needed

can anybody help me out i`ve got a tomtom 510 and every now and then it wanders i can be in manchester and it thinks that it`s in newcastle help needed

Thats not wandering m8 thats emigrating.
I think you should take it back it certainly sounds faulty.
I have the 510 and dont get that problem.

I got a 510 have a problem with my tom-tom 510 when I switch on it will only switch its self off and reboot then it will not pick up satellites and then reboot after 2 minutes. Each time it reboots the clock has lost time. If you go to the GPS status screen the little disk with UTC is not spinning. I have the latest firmware 6.552 and have used flash cleaner from your website I have also pushed the reset formatted the tom-tom taken out the SD card and restored from backup. This problem has been getting worse as time go on at first it reboot about six times then be OK now I have had it on until the battery runs out and all it will do is reboot.
I sent this info to tom-tom by their website kept on being fobbed off returned to them and then returned no fault sent a nasty e-mail and got this back
Please contact us by using the telephone number given below:

0845 161 0009

You can reach us on this number Monday - Friday between 08.00 and 18.30 UK time.

With Best Regards

Tom-tom Customer Support Team
It now been sent back three times so I am still hoping it will be working this time when I get it back. So my advice take it back to the shop to get an replacement as I got mine at Christmas and still no working tom-tom if you have to go through tom-tom call the number it saves lots of time.

Back