tom tom on a pocket pc

geoffthechef

DW Member +
Reaction score
my pocket pc runs windows plus medion navigator i have tried to get tom tom to work on it but have failed any ideas my pocket pc is a medion thanks i think its windows mobile 3 ?

Which TomTom are you trying to run; is it TomTom Navigator or Mobile?

TomTom Navigator is the only one that will work on a PDA.

will it work on a

Orange SPV M2000 colour PDA phone

without any addons m8

smirnoff_rules said:
will it work on a

Orange SPV M2000 colour PDA phone

without any addons m8

The TomTom Navigator 5 Bluetooth version will work on your PDA.

Off the TomTom website:

Orange
SPV M1000, SPV M2000, SPV M500

Last edited:
rock said:
The TomTom Navigator 5 Bluetooth version will work on your PDA.
does that mean l have to add something to make it work an extra bit

smirnoff_rules said:
does that mean l have to add something to make it work an extra bit

looked on a couple of sites it doesnt say it has built in gps so you will need a bluetooth gps for the Orange SPV M2000 as rock said navigator should run on it if its using pocketpc.

not sure if thats what you meant by add ons ..hope it helps

jay77 said:
looked on a couple of sites it doesnt say it has built in gps so you will need a bluetooth gps for the Orange SPV M2000 as rock said navigator should run on it if its using pocketpc.

not sure if thats what you meant by add ons ..hope it helps
yea l ment gps reciever

on the add is says

Bluetooth, Colour Screen, Email / Web, GPRS, IRDA, Infrared, Java enabled, MMS enabled, MP3 Player, Polyphonic ringtones, Streaming video, USB, Vibration ,wifi

http://www.imate.com/t-DETAILS_PDA2K.aspx

Last edited:
yeap def no built in gps according to the specs, so if you get tom tom on it wont find anything till you pair the bluetook gps device...

A Mate had the same problem when he got a MDA from t-mobile we loaded tomtom on fine but it wouldnt pick up a signal checked the spec and it didnt say built in gps so sent it back....the mda with sat nav is 150 more and thats for the phone + software and a bluetooth gps reciever.

jay77 said:
yeap def no built in gps according to the specs, so if you get tom tom on it wont find anything till you pair the bluetook gps device...

A Mate had the same problem when he got a MDA from t-mobile we loaded tomtom on fine but it wouldnt pick up a signal checked the spec and it didnt say built in gps so sent it back....the mda with sat nav is 150 more and thats for the phone + software and a bluetooth gps reciever.
thanx for the help and l have left a rep for the help cheers m8

A GPS receiver is needed for the TomTom to work, I currently use an XDA IIi I use the bluetooth receiver with it. Your Orange PDA will also need the bluetooth receiver, sorry I did not make it clearer before.

TomTom should still run as long as its installed properly, is the application not running at all??? The app should still run but you wont get tracking without the GPS receiver.

To Install and Run properly you need TomTom Navigator + Bluetooth GPS Receiver + 128 (min) Memory Card...

Back