tm800hd moans / randoms

Re: tm800 deal?

This thread has gone way off topic, partly due to me posting as well.
Best left to the OP question.
Any other questions should really be asked in another new thread I believe, only my opinion.

im not sure why such a effort is made to cover up and hide such truths...

everyone is allowed anonymity, unless they themselfs choose otherwise m8. i choose to stay anonymous, not only here, but on other forums, even on facebook, im not actually me. If my identity came out through somebody else, i would leave all forums, the same day, and ask admin to erase my account. ive been erased from a forum where i had nearly 12k posts, id do it again in the blink of an eye, as in my real life, i dont need countless forum users constantly on the phone etc to me for 22 hours a day, which is the main reason i no longer use msn, every time i log in, im swamped with so many requests, it crashes my computer.

yes Dr-Linux may have been over enthusiastic with his reports, but, in my opinion, the ones who did the most 'damage' to the TM800 were people on forums, constantly banging on about what it cannot do, yet they dont even own one.

The TM800 today, for playing media, easily beats my DM800 and my Vu+ Duo, so why aint the non owners shouting as loud about how good the media side of the tm800 is compared to other receivers images? unless some of the non owners have some form of interest in ensuring that it doesnt take off in the hobbyist community? maybe some of the non owners are clone importers, and if the TM800 gets too good, for the extra few quid, they could have an 'original' ?

theres not really much left to sort out on the TM800 images now, the hardware has always been good spec, but let down by the software, and now thats coming along and making progress

the new source is also open to developers

i personally believe theres as much smoke n mirrors behind some non owners posts, if not more, as there is behind some of Dr_Linux past posts

digidude You were spot on in your post forums is freedom of logical writhing as per digidude post is not going to serve any points to reveal identity of any member, lets get salve problems that's the reason we are here for {helping eachother } old history of what happen is just bitter for all of us owners from 01-06-11 all has been good news with little problems which I have confidence will be fixed.This box within few days /weeks will be near perfection by over 95%>>DM did not achieve it even after few years . tm800 has lots goodies. just think positive extra functions of this box like multimedia speed of channel change and scanning Extra hardware functions perfect stability perfect picture quality just remember DM might have lots of images but extra images will not make better picture/sound quality. only extra 50% hardware does it,

digidude You were spot on in your post forums is freedom of logical writhing as per digidude post is not going to serve any points to reveal identity of any member, lets get salve problems that's the reason we are here for {helping eachother } old history of what happen is just bitter for all of us owners from 01-06-11 all has been good news with little problems which I have confidence will be fixed.This box within few days /weeks will be near perfection by over 95%>>DM did not achieve it even after few years . tm800 has lots goodies. just think positive extra functions of this box like multimedia speed of channel change and scanning Extra hardware functions perfect stability perfect picture quality just remember DM might have lots of images but extra images will not make better picture/sound quality. only extra 50% hardware does it,

I agree anonymity is important as is freedom or expression and opinion. In this case however wheres theres clear vested financial motives and a track record of lies, mistruths, cover-ups etc....it's a slightly different story... This is the same thing that a certain Albanian is always getting moaned at for, and rightly so...in my opinion Dr Linux is just as bad or worse...As long as memebrs are aware that theyre not getting an impartial viewpoint for these reasons theres no issue.

You might also want to add, that DM are the biggest contributors to Enigma 1 and 2, they also own the trademarks. DM have also invesated large sums in devleoping the software and paid the development teams to produce the images.

What exactly did you do Dr Linux that you can draw comparisons with DM ?? You rebadged ITGate hardware, copied/modified DM Enigma 2 Images and added some drivers for NXP Chipset...(and havent even managed to do that properly).

It is very good for TM800 owners though, that issues are getting resolved and functionality is getting there. I have acesss to loan unit owned by a friend, I might just have a look at one...still wouldnt buy one though...

Primary function is the Sat functions and the PVR ...doesnt matter how many file formats it plays back ..if you still cant use the PVR properly(with non Seagate hard drives)....

Most of us here know how to read between the lines, as a TM800 owner I am happy that we are finally moving forward with the software on this box, and can see light at the end of the tunnel

It would be fair to say that the advanced users of the TM800 have had a right to be downhearted in the past, but whats the point dwelling over that, when what we are starting to see is something that we wanted, The image team look at our suggestions and try and implement it into there release for everyone to benefit from.

I am personally sick of reading people making comments, when they have never even seen the TM800, as it is worthless and useless information and dont help anyone.

"Us" the owners know where we are with the box, and know what needs to be done and as far as I am aware the IQ team are working hard to deliver what we are asking for.

Just to add theres no point in anyone saying "Well we heard all that before" because we have all heard "that" before - if you get me!

Get over it & move on!

Last edited:

The timer is getting very close to the end, are all us owners going to be online for a virtual party when it ends. lol

Last edited:

If the party involves burning tm800s then probably, if it involves a completely working image, I wouldn't hold your breath lol.

Probably burning TM800s, did you flip your coin, cause if your moving to another project and its a sat box let me know as I would obviously wanta box you were supporting.

Media playback and crash

I tried top reproduce a crash whilst playing back an xvid to hopefully create a crashlog to forward to the fixers.

As expected the controls are not ideal. however once paused, no matter what button I pressed (coloured ones and those below), I could not get it to crash. I was using a film on 4 gig flash drive formatted as fat32 inserted in the front slot. 500GB Samsung in rear slot via USB adapter. The 500gb was formatted as ext 2 with a 256mb swap file

I thought perhaps the error will occur by placing the drive in the rear slot. Unfortunately, I could not get it open the drive. I could see the flash drive by pressing USB and HDD. I did not format it as there are important files on the flash drive.

I am on TM800-DW-iQ-03/07/11

Last edited:
Satellite list on install

Just out of curiosity, why does it ask to install default satellites during the "wizard" when all the images have no default satellites?

Re: Satellite list on install

Just out of curiosity, why does it ask to install default satellites during the "wizard" when all the images have no default satellites?

as this is part of the actual setup wizard, and if coded properly, would have some default lists available, instead of running a bolt on after the wizard to install a different list

Re: Satellite list on install

Just thought I would mention it as I always point out when somthing is wrong with the tm 800. Last night i tried to watch a movie on my LG media player but no matter what it would not play. I put it into my TM 800 and hey presto it played.:Hit:

Flashing process

Has anyone checked whether the flashing process has been fixed properly? They said that the flash erase process had been fixed, but independent confirmation would be wonderful.

I'm referring to where some people wrote some code and re-flashed the box to find that the extra code had not been erased. If this is still the case, is it technically possible to have an image that writes to the whole of the memory? This image would have the barest of "working" code and the rest made up of code that is not used for anything (basically writes lots of zeros). We could use such an image to effect a proper wipe before re-flashing with our desired image.

Many thanks in advance.

Re: Flashing process

Just notice today after owning the box for god knows how long that auto timer doesnt work! This is a massive flaw on PVR side... Has anyone else tested it or have it working?

I'm sorry if its been discussed before, I've read and find solutions to urgent problems which according to my needs in my place by the TV channel I get, but maybe because of my limitations in English, so I can not capture the point that is posted here .

I am currently using the "image" TM-800-DWiQ-16-07-2011-SkyUK,

TM-800HD have subtitle facility, why the subtitle does not Appear when watching a TV channel the which has the subtitle facilities?

whether the movie can Appear subtitle?

I have repeatedly pressed the remote button subt, but still no change, it does not show subtitle.

image which has been able to complete the "subtitle bug"?

thanks for sharing

My biggest issue with the TM800HD is the bloody BER there must be an image or solution to this problem. Before amyone says check the cable etc i have done all that even checking 4 different machines, my alignment is near on perfect with 90% across across most satellite between 28e and 30w and yet the problem persists

It's the most frustrating thing i have come across on the TM800HD ffs

Jooooles

you should get your fact right first:proud:

if you have not got one then stop talking hot air.

if you have tm800 then test image 24-06-11 as per a/b/c
1-I have tested white card with face up and many others works perfect so stop making up story
2-plays more multimedia files by 97% then your rubbish copies
3-faster in menus navigation and channel change then all your cheap toys
4-it has 50% more hardware functions then your junks.
5-outstanding picture quality can not compare to your nasty clones
if you are still in your dream then read below link and few more posts
I can crash your toys toomany times in less then 5 minutes with limiter in tm800 its impossible to crash.

test by digi dude and many more members the result is in the link also a bit of it as bellow
https://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/index.php?threads/266531/

by digidude

From what ive seen of the new iQ's work, if it carries on like it has for the past 2-3 weeks, and this progress continues for the next month or so, then the TM800 could become SERIOUS competition to ALL linux receivers out there. I class my top 3 linux boxes as my (in no order) TM800, DM800 {original not clone} and Vu+ Duo, and in the last few days, has gone from being the bottom of the 3, to a top contender for the best of the 3, based solely on the media functions

I've tried "image 24-06-11", yeah right,

- Faster navigation in menus and channel change compared to the "image 16-07-11" but at the time of transfer channel, left channel picture before,

- Still not show subtitle for movies or channel the which has the subtitle facilities, when it was in the press on the remote key subs, but stil not show

- Still no audio on HD channels

- Change the channel faster with CCcam

so, maybe I'll go back to the "image 16-07-11" again

the more curious

happy to share

Last edited by a moderator:

I was just telnetting into the receiver....

I was wondering.........

a. The QBox uses U-Boot 1.2.0.0425_a whereas the TM800 uses U-Boot 1.2.0.dev. Is there any user friendly way/benefit of updating this?

b. If I was to erase the flash, would the bootloader be intact to allow me to reinstall an image.

Technomate would like to know what problems users are having. They have asked for the feedback to go to [email protected]
They have asked also to provide serial number and copy off purchase order. They wish to find out exactly how many customers are unhappy with the 800 and what problems they are having. I would ask If anyone does take time to do this that they also post here that they have done so and also post what reply they get in order to keep a tally."

Technomate would like to know what problems users are having. They have asked for the feedback to go to [email protected]
They have asked also to provide serial number and copy off purchase order. They wish to find out exactly how many customers are unhappy with the 800 and what problems they are having. I would ask If anyone does take time to do this that they also post here that they have done so and also post what reply they get in order to keep a tally."

I truly hope you get a finalized image for your boxes :)

I urge all TM800 owners to jot down what needs fixing for them :) might be a good idea to post here your emails or bugs here that you have sent them for reference ;)

good luck!

Back