tm800hd moans / randoms

Re: tm800hd moans

I think you guys are right Dr Linux doesnt exactly help the situation he just seems to wind memebers up the wrong way.

digidue the different images you refer to are they images from different teams pal - and do you know if they will be relaesed anytime soon ?

squig007

Re: 4 x new images

It's a known bug that UR can't be bothered to sort out they are clowns.

TM employ them so they must be clowns as well.

It's a shame someone in the tm management structure doesn't use the site as he could see what clowns he is employing that are making a joke of the company he has worked hard to build.

moved here as they are moans from this thread https://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/index.php?threads/259555/

Last edited by a moderator:

So the wasters have now removed HD skins for better performance. So a HD box with HD skins removed for better performance ???

Beggars belief what planet do this idiots live on ???

I'm assuming that TM are still being lied to by the UR team and being gullible enough to believe the lies.

So the wasters have now removed HD skins for better performance. So a HD box with HD skins removed for better performance ???

Beggars belief what planet do this idiots live on ???

I'm assuming that TM are still being lied to by the UR team and being gullible enough to believe the lies.

If UR are even a team i reckon they are in house myself.

If UR are even a team i reckon they are in house myself.

Possibly right they sound like an inhouse IT Gate team, they've only ever produced images for IT Gate recievers like the old TGC series.

If TM are paying for their services, they should DEMAND their own set of source files, as the source at the moment, is designed to create multiple images for 5 or 6 different receivers, all from one file set. This makes customising for the tm800 even harder, as you change something, and nothing happens on the tm800, or, you remove something that relates to another receiver, then nothing works

removing the HD skin to 'improve performance' is a bit of a cop out, instead, the skin button errors should be fixed, which DW members have proved is simple if you know where to look. The performance is hindered due to so much space being taken up on the receiver, as standard, it runs at over 90% full

an image i created this morning runs at 79%, and im just about to try another one that should be much less

Last edited:

My SATA saga......

I've always have had issues with the HDD not always being detected. I phoned up before they released the 30/3/11 image and was told it was going to be fixed in the upcoming release. New image came and and I was still having issues where it was not detecting it all the time. So I rang and got invited round with a promise that I'll leave with a smile on my face as he was adamant that the problem has been fixed.

First thing was that I was allegedly using a cable that was too long (50cm). They changed that over as the drop in current would be too much. STB was flashed and set up by them so no errors on my part. It did not detect it on the second reboot. Next item in the process of elimination was whether the HDD was incompatible/faulty. It works without any issues in a PC. So they offered an exchange while they check out the HDD.

Different HDD tried, they thought it was fixed. On the last reboot, it failed! Oh dear! :grayyawn:Third HDD brought out, one that works without issue on other tests. Full reset and flashing done. Same thing happened.:frown: So they decided to swap the STB.

They now have a very fussy STB to interrogate. I hope they find what is causing the issue so that they can resolve any other people's issues.

I don't know if I was smiling when I left, but I was definitely pleased that my issue was resolved and that they were prepared to spend some considerable time to help me.

I have always thought that tm customer service was excellent.
They are let down by the ur development team.
It's like having a sports car that only does 50mph.

LOW AUDIO ON HD CHANNELS really pssing me off at the moment as you having to constantly change the volume on your tv when switching from HD to SD.

Also slow channel changes, takes atleast 5 seconds before I get a picture on my screen when channel is selected, whats the point in quick zap when its shit slow!?

TM do you have any answers?????????

Some things id like to see, that either used to work, but now dont, should work as a basic part of the image, but dont, or have been disabled for whatever reason

Crashlog auto submitting (disabled)
Choose recording paths for recording / timeshiftinginstead of one singledefault device (used to work)
L /R key channel browsing (disabled, basic enigma function)
picture shrinks to fit window on menu (disabled, basic enigma function)
the media player able to play all formats advertised (not enabled)
HD audio levels
channel zap speed
python updated to allow use of plugins that other openPLi images support
enigma itself updated to be in line with the latest openPLi
a proper factory reset procedure, that actually resets everything
a proper flash and flash erase procedure, that acually erases the previous image without running backup scripts first and restore scripts after flashing
network mounts screen (a basic enigma function)
a backup function for the end user (previously worked, disabled)

there was a few other things, but i cant remember them right now.

We are constantly being told that the image being 100% is 'only a few weeks away'. We have been given definate dates on numerous occasions, which have come, gone, and slipped into the long forgotten past.

On 07/05/11 at dinner time, i will update my local copy of the SVN (as well as before then) and compile an image without any of the DW addons, and if at the very least all of the bold features above dont work on the image, without something new being disabled, or more PIN protected screens added, then i will be calling time on creating images for the TM800 untill UR sort out the problems completley.

I will still create custom packs, ppanels and work on plugins for the TM800 to add to UR images, but the 7/5/11 will be my last image untill the code is sorted out, if its not sorted by then.

TM/UR, look at your download center at the number of downloads the DW modified images have, with the downloads off my site, nearly 4000 in total. look at the amount of people who download the ppanel and rats channel list from my site, these are ALL TM800 owners, whoever posts the images on the download center has said the DW modified images are the best available

People are losing interest in trying to make the TM800 better, as a lot of it is 3 steps forward, 2.5 steps back

23 days

Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.

Too right m8, we have been repeatedly asked to be patient and a cure will be forthcoming but this patient is considering giving in and looking for something else.

I cant understand why they would even think about disabling basic enigma functions, it makes no sense.

I am having issues with recording on internal sata, I know its only in test mode, however, on the 18/03 skinny image it works without issues.

I have tried all later images (DW and UR) and they seem to have problems. First of all, they reject recording saying that the HDD is full. I've tried re-initialising/formatting the hdd. When I change the skin to magic, it starts recording but I can't stop it. It routinely says a recording is taking place. (I don't know whether this is a delayed response to pushing the stop button.)

Am I the only one with this issue? I don't fancy having an external HDD!

Got the Same Issue mate for the past two images thinking i may need to take it out and format it on the PC then put it back in

Got the Same Issue mate for the past two images thinking i may need to take it out and format it on the PC then put it back in

From my previous experience, do do need to format on a pc first then do the procedure thro the TM menu

I have to say I have no issues with the inernal sata on the latest Dw image, which is a first for me

hi there, i am very new to this satellite scene, probably about a month and still getting to know what i am doing with images / keys etc

but although my knowledge is very limited right now, i feel buying the TM800HD as my first ever box was probably not the correct choice. I am tempted to get shot of it and go for a VU+ solo box.

Digidude is right - alot of people are losing interest

A day in the life of a TM 800HD owner
Received my TM 800 HD last week. With anticipation I open the box and reveal my shiny new box. Straight away I plug it in and watch as it boots. Luckily for me a new image has appeared on a forum. I load the image and watch as it appears. All done I load my channel file and first impressions are great, picture quality excellent. So I power it down and install my Sata hard drive reboot and try to access my drive. No matter what I do the receiver will not recognize the drive. I uninstall the drive and instead use an external USB Hard drive. On reboot I find the receiver has found the drive so I think maybe all is not lost. While watching bbc1 I press pause and a message appears time shift not enabled, I spend an hour trying to find where to enable time shift and find nothing. Back to the forums I discover I am not alone and the general suggestions are go back to an older image. I download the image factory reset the receiver turn off the power for a couple of mins and attempt to install the older image. After a few mins I get the dreaded green screen loop. Frustrated no matter what image I use now it still green screens. Yeah you guessed it back to the forums. I find an image that fixed the green screen issue and install that and to my relief it works. With the receiver back I reload my channel file. Again watching bbc1 I press pause and it works and I think thank god for all the people that have worked on this Digidude and co you are legends and TM should give you and your colleague’s free receivers for life. However my excitement is short lived. I record a short clip while playing back I press FF and next thing I get a green screen saying we are sorry a problem occurred etc blah blah. I have to power of the receiver to get it back. I blame it I the USB drive and reinstall the internal sata but alas the same thing the receiver will not see it. F*ck it I say I will try streaming, In my ignorance I was expecting to stream live TV to my pc straight away with no issues but you all know that doesn’t even work. Onto the forums again to find its not enabled as of yet. Media player not finished etc. So disappointed I settle down just to watch TV. While watching HD channels sound drops out periodically. I could keep going on and on but what’s the point. So sorry I bought the TM 800HD. I was a technomate fan but if the UR team don’t come with a decent image soon it’s the last one I will ever buy. The nice features that work Cool TV guide, Rats channels etc are all done by people/hobbyists and again thank you guys. Shame on you technomate for a poor effort need I say more.

J

Welcome to the wonderful world of TM800 ;)

Back