Tm800hd Internet connection

kingsofsat

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi there uptill this yr I was running a 6900 non super with wificam in my caravan in Wales for my own personal use and it was flawless, now the bastards at the site, have made it so that when u log on with ya laptop to the wifi they have a server which u have to create your own username and password to log in, so i had a tm800 in stock took that down yesurday and it connects fine but it must be at the stage were there server is asking for username and password, when i do a network wizard it's says my connection is working, when I do a network test tho, everything is fine but the name server says unconfirmed, is there anyway I can get round this, ie use my laptop as the connection or configure some thing in the tm800, any help please

Hi Kingofsat, one way to to it with your laptop is by bridging your wireless network connection and your lan connection on your laptop. Go to network connections and highlight the 2 connections, then right click and select bridge connections. Once that is done get a crossover network cable and plug it into the lan connection on your box and then to the lan connection on your laptop.

Hi Kingofsat, one way to to it with your laptop is by bridging your wireless network connection and your lan connection on your laptop. Go to network connections and highlight the 2 connections, then right click and select bridge connections. Once that is done get a crossover network cable and plug it into the lan connection on your box and then to the lan connection on your laptop.

many thx cuebase, will try that at the weekend, when im down there, once again cheers

No prob, one thing to look out for is when you do the bridge you will see the bridged connection now shows as a single connection. Get the ip address that was assigned to that connection and then turn of the dhcp on your box and give it an ip adddress in the same range as your bridged connection.

i believe a router flashed with dd-wrt will do the same in client mode.
save you a bit of leccie ;)

Back