TM800HD Crashing and Freezing (Or Not)!!

Malcolm-X

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Having played with about 10 of these in total now I have noticed one thing which could be a coincidence!!

I have been reading as well as experiencing issues with some receivers crashing and constantly freezing on certain channels (HD or Not). I have noticed however that all the receivers which work perfect for me regardless of firmware are the ones with a newer remote!!

I have two types of receiver remotes one which is plain on the back and another which has "CE" printed on the back in green. Now the receivers which came with the "CE" remote never crash whereas the others I have experienced all the issues logged on the forum.

Another thing is Serial Numbers:

TM-800HD051..... (Work Perfect)

TM-800HD041..... (All The Issues)

Seems like the new batch released by TM have been cured of issues hardware wise too!!

Could be a coincidence, but I would appreciate people with issues and those without any posting which serial or remote they have.

As you know I've been extremely lucky with my TM800. Compared to many people I seem to have missed out on most of the serious issues.

Let me just check what hardware I have....

My remote has the CE embossing on the back but it's not green, it's just embossed into the rubber. The reciever itself is a TM-800HD041xxxxxxx

hi m8s

mine is TM-800HD041 with black remote and almost no problem at all execpt those missing functions!

regards

Hi mine has CE on the back just embosed not in green

serial number is TMHD041.......

has the freezing issue after a few hours regardless of channel

Only actual problem I have is the HD audio goes out of sync after about half an hour or so.

Apart from that and the missing features, I've very happy with it.

Sorry mate, I have 041 box as well and have never had over heating probs, or any freezing issues until latest image dated 15th. Not sure what's on remote as not there at the moment.

I have CE remote and serial on STB is TM-800HD041

Only issues I had was freezing before the memory hole fix.

I have the TM-800HD041 had a couple of problems GREEN screen a few times had to reset and the frezzing when i am using the remote i.e cogs come on screen and hangs

They'll all go up in flames soon.

Even mine. :)

They'll all go up in flames soon.

Even mine. :)

I doubt it Witchy, yours seems to be one in a thousand with no issues (touch wood).

Well I've had the 051 on for 6 hours none stop now of which 2.5 hours constant on 2 different channels (one SD & one HD) neither have froze nor sound gone out of sync!:banana:

(Running Image from 15.06.10)

mine was one of the first off the production line, ive had it for months, old remote and TM-800HD0410000## and ive had no issues with it

one or two freezes, but ive put this down to me trying to get it to freeze, ive also run it after a good blast with a hairdryer, which while it did make it sluggish, it still worked

had on running here for about 4 days with the new image spot on. however with the previous image loads of problems

coley

Hi guys, I tried adding one of those lap top fans that has the three fans beneath to cool the box powered via the usb.......made no difference whatsoever still crashed just after 3 hours.

So it is either a hardware problem or software issue and nothing to do with heat

Hi guys, I tried adding one of those lap top fans that has the three fans beneath to cool the box powered via the usb.......made no difference whatsoever still crashed just after 3 hours.

So it is either a hardware problem or software issue and nothing to do with heat

i think its more of a memory type issue, as if i dont get bored with a receiver too soon, one of the things i do is blast the fook out of it with a hairdryer, mainly to cook the power supply, but, i have to admit, that a lot of my gear, i do run with the lid off it. but, the last couple of weeks, ive made sure the TM800 has had the lid on

i think (personally) that this is some form of software incompatibility between the openPLi source that looks like its meant for the DM800, and the hardware of the TM800, and in some receivers, its cooking the ram or cpu or something major that possibly needs an as yet unreleased jtag feature to rectify it, as even on fooked receivers, the hardware still responds as it should, but the miniroot / miniweb / hyperterminal / etc software refuses to communicate properly once some sort of critical stage has been reached which renders one of the boot loaders useless, so in my mind, its all software related, as everything ive tried to kill the hardware has failed, but the software due to incompatibilities with the hardware can crash it in the blink of an eye

Back