TM8000-HD NewCam says "Status disconnected" after phantompatch - any ideas?

GuinUK

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi guys, hope this is the right place to post.

I bought a DM500 clone to test how well CCCam worked and was impressed. I paid for a N: line on a premium server account and after a week of having no issues decided to upgrade to a Technomate 8000HD.

I didn't realise that it wasn't a Linux box, but after HOURS of searching came across phantompatch. I phantompatched the box via USB and now can see the menu appearing on 8281.

PHANTOMPATCH_TM8000_20Aug2010

I put in all the details that worked on the old box but is says "Status disconnected" after I turn it to active.

I have since done a factory reset, and repatched it using phantompatch PHATHOM_TM8000_ExtraInfo_30Sep2010.tbn

I double checked with the guy from the premium server who says I have not been blocked or anything and the details are all correct.

Can anyone help before I send it through the bloody window - thanks in advance - I am pretty sure it is nothing major.
I also can't work out on the box how to upgrade the firmware.

Thanks in advance for any help, it doesn't seem to be a well supported box.

Woody

is the dhcp set to auto in the ip settings of the tm and your router and tell us a bit more about the way you have it connected up
and all patches can be found in Download center but i think you already have the latest for your tm

Hi m8

i dont have one of this but i will help m8

can you ask the server wont is useing OSCam or MgCamD or wont version CCcam 2.1.1 or 2.2.1

when you press 8281 on TM8000 is it like this pic

Attachments

• Picture%20574.jpg
    Picture%20574.jpg
    129.5 KB · Views: 26
Hi guys

The picture looks like this 002.JPG

Hi, thanks for replying.

I literally took it out the box which was brand new with official firmware on.

I plugged Ethernet into router which assigned me an ip address (ends in .64)

I then changed to the correct Sat (Astra/terrestrial) 28.

Did a full scan - found all the channels.

I then flashed it with the files stored above.

I then pressed 8281 and filled the details in from the server. I tried server URL and server IP and checked both with the server owner who said the details were correct.

I then rescanned but when you go onto channel it says scrambled.

I have since put my DM500 back on and it connected fine. Very frustrating. Especially when on 8281 it says status disconnected. Made me think there is a hidden connect button somewhere.

The box connects to TV via HDMI

is the dhcp set to auto in the ip settings of the tm and your router and tell us a bit more about the way you have it connected up
and all patches can be found in Download center but i think you already have the latest for your tm

I plugged Ethernet into router which assigned me an ip address (ends in .64) I have the choice of DHCP on or off. I set it to on and it fills in the IP (192.168.001.064) Subnet mask, Gateway, DNS and MAC address.

On this page I also have red connect (which I pressed) green update ch, yellow update fw and blue update Xkey (not sure what that does)

@XXXXXX I asked him and he replied;
I'm not using mgcam because that is a client only software it dosnt function as a server... but i recommend mgcam to be used on client boxes
My server uses newcamd and is running on CSP
(cardservproxy)
cccam also works fine on clients boxes tho and is the most commonly used cam... any version is fine

A final thing that I have noticed is that the Satellite keeps defaulting back to Int.1R 45W. instead of the Astra one. Not sure what I am doing to make ti do that either.

Last edited:
Hi m8

that pic was not like my when you press 8281, if i was you phone tm and till him to change it for you for a TM5402HD if dont have any problem, they is no support for TM8000HD and till them i dont wont it, i still can not understand how they keep sell it with out support it look like they gone to sleep the TM

Sorted it guys thanks. Took me 60 hours but eventually found that you have to press MUTE and EXIT simultaneously and move the menu setting down to the correct setting.

Thanks to all those who tried to help.

GuinUK,

Would you please be able to let me know what file format the TM-8000 HD uses when recording programmes? It is probably *.trp or *.ts format but I wish to make sure before going ahead with a purchase.

If you could record a sample to an attached USB stick or HDD and then look at the file formats on the USB stick or HDD with a PC it will show the file extension, there might be some other control files such as idx or similar but the big file size will be the recorded file, it is the file extension for this one that I would like to know.

Rgds

Hi mate,

Sorry for the late reply but the psu died on my laptop and it really did me over until it finally arrived.

Setanta_Ireland#da0e151004.TRP is the name of the file recorded.

I have not managed to record one channel whilst watching another yet and I am not sure why. I am an amateur in these things.
If you have yet to buy the box I would probably recommend a Linux style box as there are a few annoying bugs with this firmware (such as large flashing [REC] sign when recording etc which really don't want to be there and occasional "channel scrambled" bug where you have to turn it back off and back on again)

Hope this helps,
Guin

Could you let me into your secret GuinUK. I have exactly the same problem with a 7102. Cannot get rid of the "DISCONNECTED" message.

Cheers

Could you let me into your secret GuinUK. I have exactly the same problem with a 7102. Cannot get rid of the "DISCONNECTED" message.

Cheers
the tm7102 is a complete different tm if you want some help with that start a new thread and state what your trying to do and what patch you have and more of your setup .
and it would have been nice if you introduced yourself in the who are you section first

Hi guys, hope this is the right place to post.

I bought a DM500 clone to test how well CCCam worked and was impressed. I paid for a N: line on a premium server account and after a week of having no issues decided to upgrade to a Technomate 8000HD.

I didn't realise that it wasn't a Linux box, but after HOURS of searching came across phantompatch. I phantompatched the box via USB and now can see the menu appearing on 8281.

PHANTOMPATCH_TM8000_20Aug2010

I put in all the details that worked on the old box but is says "Status disconnected" after I turn it to active.

I have since done a factory reset, and repatched it using phantompatch PHATHOM_TM8000_ExtraInfo_30Sep2010.tbn

I double checked with the guy from the premium server who says I have not been blocked or anything and the details are all correct.

Can anyone help before I send it through the bloody window - thanks in advance - I am pretty sure it is nothing major.
I also can't work out on the box how to upgrade the firmware.

Thanks in advance for any help, it doesn't seem to be a well supported box.

Woody
Hi
Did you find to resolve the problem? My tm-8000 combo still doesn't want to connect. Where can I find the correct PHANTOM and do I need anything else like addon, softcam or any setting to change? please help

Dominik

Thank You guys so much. It works perfectly.
Do you know how to unsubscribe Canal+ (polish) channels
I know it works with oscam but what about cccam?

Back