TM800 Whats in the box

I must be lucky :) I got a nice new HD Receiver in my box

the trouble is my electricity bills are really high as it needs 1.21 gigawatts to work properly :proud:

Thats just being plain cheapskate..how much does a basic HDMI cable cost ? Not a lot...surely TM can afford to provide one witrh the reciever.
Even clone Dream recievers have a basic cable for connecting to a TV, 500's have a RGB cable, and 800's have a gold plated HDMI - DVI, standard SKY+ recievers have a basic HDMI 1.3 cable included...

So should it come with a Scart, Component cables as well then? :) Jeeez, you got a nice angled cable instead.

So should it come with a Scart, Component cables as well then? :) Jeeez, you got a nice angled cable instead.

Yes it should...looking in the box to my Dm800HD clone, I have a goldplated DVI to HDMI cable, a RGB lead, and a SCART to RGB adaptor..Granted they are basic and cheap..but they are still provided none the less...
My original Amstard SKY+ HD box came with both HDMI and SCART leads, infact i've never purchased a reciever which didnt have a basic connectivity lead provided...
It's no big deal..but would nice to have...a basic SCART lead is a couole of quid, as is a basic HDMI lead...manufacturers buying in bulk no dobt get them for pennies...so theres no real reason not to include them...other than ultra cost-saving, penny pinching,...

Last edited:
the DM800 lead is not a normal dvi-hdmi lead, its specially wired to also carry sound

the DM800 lead is not a normal dvi-hdmi lead, its specially wired to also carry sound

The supplied DVI-HDMI didnt work on my TV, but I can confirm a standard HDMI lead (a standard SKY HDMI 1.3,ead) with a cheap DVI-HDMI adaptor from fleebay works fine..also no issues with audio...so im not sure if the supplied lead is specially wired or not..

Thats just being plain cheapskate..how much does a basic HDMI cable cost ? Not a lot...surely TM can afford to provide one witrh the reciever.
Even clone Dream recievers have a basic cable for connecting to a TV, 500's have a RGB cable, and 800's have a gold plated HDMI - DVI, standard SKY+ recievers have a basic HDMI 1.3 cable included...

The M-Vision HD300 doesn't come with an HDMI or a Scart Lead, neither does the Spiderbox or any Manhattan or Technomate receiver, Linux or otherwise. Most other receivers don't do either and all Panasonic DVD/Blu-Ray players don't come with an HDMI lead. The reason for this is partly due to costs incurred by the manufacturer and using a cheap HDMI lead to hook the receiver up to your 50" 3D Full HDTV isn't really going to do the picture or the equipment any justice unless of course your satisfied with it dropping out occasionally as the lead is manufactured with poor quality connectors and cheap cable. I'd personally go out and spend a few quid on a decent cable knowing that I have the best quality available and not having to worry that it could be better. You wouldn't go out and spend £1000 on a Hi-Fi and use the cheap cables that come supplied with your £500 CD player and be entirely satisfied with the performance.

Regards

Liam

Last edited:
The M-Vision HD300 doesn't come with an HDMI or a Scart Lead, neither does the Spiderbox or any Manhattan or Technomate receiver, Linux or otherwise. Most other receivers don't do either and all Panasonic DVD/Blu-Ray players don't come with an HDMI lead. The reason for this is partly due to costs incurred by the manufacturer and using a cheap HDMI lead to hook the receiver up to your 50" 3D Full HDTV isn't really going to do the picture or the equipment any justice unless of course your satisfied with it dropping out occasionally as the lead is manufactured with poor quality connectors and cheap cable. I'd personally go out and spend a few quid on a decent cable knowing that I have the best quality available and not having to worry that it could be better. You wouldn't go out and spend £1000 on a Hi-Fi and use the cheap cables that come supplied with your £500 CD player and be entirely satisfied with the performance.

Regards

Liam

Spiderbox does come with HDMI cable.

Back