tm800 issues, fixed? new image

digidude

Sheep worrier.
VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm posting this from my phone, in the pub, but the crashing issue looks to be a memory leak, a new image is being uploaded to the download center as I type, those with new image can update via lan button.

You fucking NERD!

You're in a Pub getting pissed and what are you doing?

Posting on a fecking forum!

pmsl.

At least he's out.... we're sitting here reading it :)

lol, true. :)

That update thing went well. I didn't even know that feature existed, was it added to todays earlier release or has it been there a while? :err:

After my box updated itself, it told me it was a 'success' but it didn't tell me what to do next, I flicked the power switch and it booted back up. :) Might be an idea to suggest that the flasher prompts the user to reboot.

I spoke to Technomate earlier today and they informed me that the whole crashing and glitching of channels was nothing to be with the receiver heating up, but to do with some firmware issue where the receiver's memory was being overloaded.

Apparently this new firmware will fix this issue, which is priority for TM.

Once this is done hopefully by the end of the month all other issues will also be resolved and the most important thing (for me :banana:) is the picture quality and all of us agree the HD pictures look awesome on this receiver, but the good news is that there will be some update which will allow for the HD picture to be even better (driver issues)!!

Things starting to look good me thinks!!

lol, true. :)

That update thing went well. I didn't even know that feature existed, was it added to todays earlier release or has it been there a while? :err:

After my box updated itself, it told me it was a 'success' but it didn't tell me what to do next, I flicked the power switch and it booted back up. :) Might be an idea to suggest that the flasher prompts the user to reboot.

Yes mate the update function via LAN was in the firmware update earlier today!!
:Clap:

For those questioning what it is:

12-06-2010
1. Fixed memory leak.
Old image was losing memory after few hours picture was freezing
that bug of memory leak now fixed ,
Also freezing was not caused by heat it was memory leak,
-------------------------
I you have image dated 11-06-2010 you can download by INTERNET pressing LAN+blue button
Or from off/on wait until you see checking key then press exit once it will download
Or by mini web off/on see checking key press ok on the front panel

Last edited:
So guys, can this TM800 run nabilosat 0.12? :)

Or haven't we got that far yet

So guys, can this TM800 run nabilosat 0.12? :)

Or haven't we got that far yet

Still early days mate from what I am aware.

Hopefully once this receiver kicks off more dev teams will get involved!!

Having played with it and used it for a few days now I can see the TM800 really kicking off!!

hmm this seems to confirm what i was thinking

memory leak / memory overloading = bad blocks
possible data corruption .etc = bricked tm800

just waiting on a replacement unit now

Well it seems that TM is really getting on with producing a final OS.
That speed of dev can only come from having the box released to the Sat community.

Thanks to the advancements of communication Digi can get his fix of DW wherever he is!

Not that I suffered from a lot of crashes in the first place, but I've got to say my box has been rock solid after applying last nights patch. Maybe it's my imagination but I'm sure it's running smoother too, I'm not seeing the little cog wheel animation as much.

Static IP thingy is still fooked though.

Tried loading the image goes to miniroot then IP address the press OK per instructions but sticks on ip address will not go any further

Press menu on the front of the receiver after mini-root shows IP address to start flashing.

Last edited:
i have been running this latest image all day, in my opinion the previous image was better i am now getting the cogs appear in the top left corner for no reason after about an hour and have to restart on HD channels, also the audio is very hit and miss and goes out of snyc also after about an hour..........

Guys & Gals,

New to the forum, where can I download the image? Doing my head in, been searching for a while on this place. Can someone post the link?

Cheers!

Jack Sparrow

OK, I downloaded the image dated 12-06-10 from the download centre. Copied to a USB stick and powered off device, powered on and pressed onoff rapidly. Got into relevant mode, plugged in UB stick did the flash.

Now when I goto Menu -> System -> Information -> About, the box says its updated to 11.06.10. Was expecting 12.06.10, is that right?

11.06.10 is the latest image.

I find the dates very confusing too.

Back