Tm800 Hd or Vu+ solo HD?

zoomajzo

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi guys,

i will be buying a box hopefully by the end of this week, and just need some advice, i have narrowed my search down to just 2 boxes now the TM800HD or Vu+ solo Hd, iv heard the Tm800 is having problems with software support, where as the Vu has good support, also are these boxes just plug and play, so i can get BBC HD and ITV HD freesat?? finally im looking to do on these boxes that i could do before on my starview boxes before nag3 kicked in which is to watch all the encrypted channels, is this possible to do on these boxes? im not asking how, im just asking is it possible??

ok cool im just worried about the cheap tuners? im not too fussed about the media player as i bought a samsung b650 that plays everything all the files mkv etc from usb sticks/hdd to network streaming, so i wont be using the box for that, i just want tv in HD including sports!

open box is ok, but pretty crappy build quality (dont get me wrong it works) but remotes extremely clicky and firmwares / bouquet leave alot to be desired, just an overall cheap feel to it, again it is a cheap box but for not much more you can have a better quality one.

tm800hd : ive never owned one, put me off with all the problems they had innitially and continue to have, i belive they still aint fully functional although i could be wrong (i.e. recording and stuff), again havent owned one just read the forums.

bought my vu+duo box a few weeks back, pretty much perfect nearly everything works as it should do and very good support from new vix team.

Spend a little bit more and get a VU DUO, The SOLO is still a better option than the TM800 and better supported...but I donk think it supports internal hard disk etc...The Duo will get you twin tuners so record one chennel watch another like Sly plus..
Or as mentioned spend half the cash and get an Openbox, if all you want is HD TV with no frills.

Buy a Vu+ solo Hd any day over the very limited support that the tm800 has still a very much work in progress.

Vu+ solo is going to get the VIX image treatment soon as they are looking for beta testers for the solo so support is growing for the box.

If you want a all in one solution with tons of support save up and get a Vu+ plus its the dogs proverbial wicked box.

Still i would prefer the dm800hd, surely not a tm800hd after what i have read here on the forum. The only thing that keeps on pushing me back with the VU+DUO is the limited availibilty of images as with a dreambox there is many choice.

Future will tell !

once i get an image im happy with, mr receiver stays on that, im not one of these 'must have the latest image on it' people. my DM800 has just been updated for the first time in over 2 years.

looking at whats available (images), and if i watched and recorded enough tv, id save that little bit extra and go for the Vu+ Duo. For single tuner, but the same price, would be the DM800, but not a clone, so again, theres more sense getting the duo, or the TM800. after that, id go the the other end of the scale. to the cheap ~£100 boxes like ellie mentioned

I agree with digidude on this (rare moment dude lol)
For something that you use everyday for years to come it is worth saving that bit extra to get the best. The Vu+ duo is worth buying.
If you cut back, need cheaper & just want to watch tv, then go for the cheap alternatives like the openbox for 100 quid. If you really want to spend something in the middle then personally i would go for the modern dm800 clone instead of the Vu+ solo, but all of these mid-priced units really are for the indecisive people. Make a choice- save more or spend less lol.

Back