TM600 SSH client/Dropbear.

ToneDeff

Inactive User
Reaction score
been trying to get SSH "not Telnet" working on my TM600 with UR image, have seen some guides about saying "DropBear SSH daemon plugin" for dreambox, but have been unable to find it anywhere, seems to be included on Gemini images by default.

was wondering does anyone know about this plugin, and have it in an installer ?

or could rip the files out of on an image with it for me :banana:

main reason i want it is to have a look at remote port forwarding so i can forward cccam connections through it and hide my home i.p.

well after about 6 hours of breaking stuff i've managed to get dropbear working :banana::banana:

all my cccam connections now go through my "Remote Dedicated Server" that's in another country before connecting to cccam servers.

so this means all the cccam server se's is my "remote" i.p, and all that my ISP see's is an encryped SSH connection to my "remote" server.

I'm not sure how interested other people are in this but i'll try and post a guide soon, you can get a VPS with ssh for afew ££ a month, and imo that could be worth it depending what ISP/cam server your using ;P

also i only use cccam as a client not sure if dropbear would be able to accept incoming request from the remote i.p to share a local out, although it might be possible i didn't look into that side.

i think it will work with any CAM's as all the tunneling etc is done by dropbear and is forced by what address you set CAM to use.

p.s
Somehow I'm actually getting better ECM's now :D

Last edited:
well after about 6 hours of breaking stuff i've managed to get dropbear working :banana::banana:

all my cccam connections now go through my "Remote Dedicated Server" that's in another country before connecting to cccam servers.

so this means all the cccam server se's is my "remote" i.p, and all that my ISP see's is an encryped SSH connection to my "remote" server.

I'm not sure how interested other people are in this but i'll try and post a guide soon, you can get a VPS with ssh for afew ££ a month, and imo that could be worth it depending what ISP/cam server your using ;P

also i only use cccam as a client not sure if dropbear would be able to accept incoming request from the remote i.p to share a local out, although it might be possible i didn't look into that side.

i think it will work with any CAM's as all the tunneling etc is done by dropbear and is forced by what address you set CAM to use.

p.s
Somehow I'm actually getting better ECM's now :D

Well done mate, i know how good a feeling it is when the channel clears...

All thanks to a poster on here, he knows who he is ;)

You'll be getting better ecm times because you've got 100mbit each way now.

I'd be interested in a tut, have you looked at getting a VPN working ?

i looked into VPN and in "comparison" this looked basic :proud:, also im fairly sure VPN would need an edited image as there certain things in read only areas it needs, i somehow found away to get just the dropbear client working with some lib's i found scattered about on google :)

p.s
i don't think ECM can be bandwidth related as it's still my same home connection limits :p
just guess even after the hops to my "remote serv" it has better routing to cccam serv's then direct from my ISP.

edit:
also ssh is ALOT easier/cheaper to get running on the server side, you just rent a vps/server and you've got working ssh :D

Well done mate, i know how good a feeling it is when the channel clears...
indeed, glad no one saw my OMFG channel cleared dance :banana:

Last edited:
i looked into VPN and in "comparison" this looked basic :proud:, also im fairly sure VPN would need an edited image as there certain things in read only areas it needs, i somehow found away to get just the dropbear client working with some lib's i found scattered about on google :)

p.s
i don't think ECM can be bandwidth related as it's still my same home connection limits :p
just guess even after the hops to my "remote serv" it has better routing to cccam serv's then direct from my ISP.

edit:
also ssh is ALOT easier/cheaper to get running on the server side, you just rent a vps/server and you've got working ssh :D

indeed, glad no one saw my OMFG channel cleared dance :banana:

Just saw your tutorial, thanks!

I know i'm in the technomate section, but most of the newer nabilosat images have a vpn already on them, so just a case of getting it on the server.

I wouldn't like to try it right enough, what a pain that would be.

You should get a dreambox and come into that section :)

Back