TM600 - Recording Rewind u/s

cascara

Inactive User
Reaction score
Using the Rewind on my TM600 recordings produces a rather sluggish Fast Forward! The Fast Forward, Play, Pause and Stop functions are all OK.

A search of the forum for other reports of a TM600 rewind problem failed.

If I am alone with this problem are there any suggestions, please.

Software Version rel 2.1.1 date 09/05/10.

Regards.

why would you want to rewind and fast forward at the same time? what chain of presses do you do, and whats the result?

Hi
Can't say I have ever had this issue, is it only on one recording or on all recordings? I have only ever had one recording where the rewind went really quickly but this was due to an error in the recording stream due to extremely bad weather.
Did you do a factory reset after installing the image?
Can you run a check disk from the format menu?
Can you try a usb stick to record to and see if the problem still exists?

@Popcorn

Thanks for the reply.

Affects all recordings. Reset was done.

Two different types of HDD produce the same effect on internal or external USB.

I will disconnect the HDD and try a USB drive.

Not a show-stopper but I would like to get it sorted.

Regards.

Just to waste a bit of time could you login to the TM-600 through webui and play a movie,then try rewind using the onscreen controls rather than using the remote?

@Popcorn

For me it would take more than 'a bit of time' as I have never used webui! I assume that if it did rewind properly then it would point to the remote sender or receiver having the problem.

I seem to recall reading here an instruction on how to reset the remote control when it failed to operate correctly?

Thanks again.

Assuming your TM-600 is connected to your router you can find out your TM-600's IP address ie. 192.168.0.? or 192.168.1.? (where ? is the last number)
Type that number into your favorite web browser (IE/Firefox) address bar and it will take you to the web user interface (webui) of your TM. A few ways of finding you IP address Press LAN button on remote, or log into your router which is usually 192.168.0.1 or 192.168.1.1 and look for tab "attached devices" this will show you every IP address connected to your router (Its by here i'll look a real a$$ if you don't have a router)
It may all be a waste of time but i thought an easy way to identify a dodgy remote (you never know). There is a function to reset the remote in the expert setup menu but I know nothing of this and dont know what could happen!
Failing all this and after trying a usb drive that works (not all are compatible) I would (after backing up your channel list) factory reset>install image >factory reset>restore channel list and try again then do the same with a newer/older image or even the factory image. I am using UR_9_5_10 which is not the newest image but works well for me and i just can't be bothered to update it yet.

@Popcorn

Thanks for the info but I now have the rewind working.

I was re-reading the manual and found that it appears that I should select 'PVR' to enter PVR Mode before using the PVR controls. The other controls had been working properly without being in PVR Mode. I assume Exit gets you out of the PVR Mode.

Not sure whether to feel foolish or not!

Thanks again.

Great news to get it working
I have never had to select pvr mode that i can remember.
Try the webui anyway, watch Tv or movies and control the satellite box from a wireless laptop or your Pc, its a lifesaver if there's kids there.

Back