TM600 pvr issues?

Yosser2000

Inactive User
Reaction score
Using latest image from here: 2.1.1 9/5/10

If record a program it records fine but if i watch it later. The hard drive hangs and the lights go out and won't work again unless i hard reset the box(on and off at mains).

Anyone else had this issue?

Also getting rather annoyed now with the widescreen issues and wondering if anyone has used the latest DS team image as i may try this?

regards

Yosser

I had a LOT of issues with my TM-600 recording to an external hard disk, later found out it was the usb cable, one of the short cheap ones that came with the external hdd case. Changed that for a high quality one off an old usb modem and never had any problems with that (ide) drive since. I also know that the TM-600 can be funny with some of the ide/usb and sata/usb converters.
I eventually used a esata to usb bridge adapter (£3.50) and a esata to sata cable (£1.00) off ebay and it works perfectly.

What hdd and converter are you using?
I have used both Seagate 160gb ide and WD 1 tb sata green drive ok.
Alun

i tried numerous IDE-USB adaptors, all bought at the same time, from the same source, and only 2 out of 6 worked fine, one was hit and miss, and 3 was a total waste of time

SATA-USB adaptors, ive used loads, all from dealextreme, and not had a problem with a single one

ive tried about 15 160G IDE drives, and once i found an adaptor that worked, all were fine, and ive tried about 8 320G SATA and 3 or 4 500G SATA drives, and not had an issue with a single one

personally, i think its mainly down to the adaptor used

to be fair, it's a shitty enclosure i got- 2.5" usb enclosure for an IDE 60gb HD. The thing is before the last two images it worked fine and its only since that it's not worked. Ive a spare 80gb sata so i will get one of the usb converters that digi recommended and try that. Can't go back to earlier image as wanna save epg data to the HD instead of tmp.

Back