TM600 New firmware 4/7/10

Yosser2000

Inactive User
Reaction score
I just updated via the online update and ive got a version installed 04/07/10 and software version is: rel 2.1.1

not noticed any differences to be honest.

version

Rel 2.1.1

Date: 04/07/10

improve

added Changing OF box password function for FTP/TELNET/DCC

menu -> setup -> "7. Changing Box Password"
After factory reset ftp/telnet/dcc password will be deleted

Are they trying to fix the widescreen issue and the cccam issue?

Also i am after UR team sorting the problem with installing the Rytec EPG that wiz569 has been putting alot of effort into.

I hope they can sort these issues as i think it will be THE SD linux box to have then!

Are they trying to fix the widescreen issue and the cccam issue?

Also i am after UR team sorting the problem with installing the Rytec EPG that wiz569 has been putting alot of effort into.

I hope they can sort these issues as i think it will be THE SD linux box to have then!

I'm getting to a point where I think the CCcam thing is a hardware issue with the TM's as it doesn't work with any of them.

Works perfect as a client receiver, but useless as a server using CCcam alone.

This is a quote from a post on another forum..how true or how relevant it is it is I dont know..

" Then there is the CCcam support on the Itgate some Newer Versions are very troublesome and newcamd protocol is required if you are a card holder of certain providers.

Remember Technomate / Itgate do not support all officiall & none official cards as these receivers do not have Dreamcrypt card readers as come with the Dreambox, Technomate / Itgate have only got multicard readers, there is a big Differance "

Now if the above is true..howcome even cheap 50 quid Dreambox 500 clones work flawlessly with CCCAM,..surely clone manufacturers dont use Dreamcrypt card readers...I would have thought they use the cheapest they can find...?? If it is true surely TM knowing this would have made sure the TM800 had a decent dreamcrypt compatible card reader....??

This is a quote from a post on another forum..how true or how relevant it is it is I dont know..

" Then there is the CCcam support on the Itgate some Newer Versions are very troublesome and newcamd protocol is required if you are a card holder of certain providers.

Remember Technomate / Itgate do not support all officiall & none official cards as these receivers do not have Dreamcrypt card readers as come with the Dreambox, Technomate / Itgate have only got multicard readers, there is a big Differance "

Now if the above is true..howcome even cheap 50 quid Dreambox 500 clones work flawlessly with CCCAM,..surely clone manufacturers dont use Dreamcrypt card readers...I would have thought they use the cheapest they can find...?? If it is true surely TM knowing this would have made sure the TM800 had a decent dreamcrypt compatible card reader....??

I doubt very much that TM can not fix the issue, as mentioned even the clone boxes from china can run these without any issues at all.

Come on TM solve this issue!!

Not TM... it's ITgate who have to fix it...your buying a rebranded ITGate Korean manufactured reciever not an actual Technomate designed and manufactured product...

Unfortunately ITgate software support has always been rubbish on their own range of recievers, I dont expect it to suddenly improve overnight,..your stuck with URTeam and ITgate...good luck with that..

I dont expect it to suddenly improve overnight,..your stuck with URTeam and ITgate...good luck with that..

it could improve 1000% overnight, easily

all TM would have to do is what PLi have done, and create a public CVS for developers to play with

i would bet money on it that if they did this, the tm500/600 widescreen issues would be sorted within a few days, and the TM800 would be 99% sorted within 2 weeks, with extras like youtube viewer etc following in leaps and bounds

They wouldnt have to release ANY drivers or secrets, it could all be online based just like PLi

otherwise thay may as well be classed as closed receivers and start calling the images patches

all TM would have to do is what PLi have done, and create a public CVS for developers to play with

i would bet money on it that if they did this, the tm500/600 widescreen issues would be sorted within a few days, and the TM800 would be 99% sorted within 2 weeks, with extras like youtube viewer etc following in leaps and bounds

They wouldnt have to release ANY drivers or secrets, it could all be online based just like PLi

otherwise thay may as well be classed as closed receivers and start calling the images patches

the true facts of the matter

ITGate support sucks, they remind me azbox hd receivers, they keep releasing new firmwares just to pretend they are working, but when we look at the changelogs they are hilarious, important bugs that require true programmers, never get fixed, the only things they change in new firmwares are the things we don't care, and don't even consider them bugs.

The only sad thing was that the biased feedback, specially from digidude in this forum made me buy an TM600.

Even if ITGate had svn, that wouldn't improve much, look at qbox hd and coolstream receivers, they have svn and firmwares sucks. DM spends a lot of money in firmware and softcams teams, maybe it's time for ITGate do the same. Don't be naive and believe that good coders work for free.

The only sad thing was that the biased feedback, specially from digidude in this forum made me buy an TM600.

Thats a bit harsh m8,digidude gives unbiased feedback on all receivers he tests,and in fairness the TM600 has come a long way since the first release.

The problem seems to be twofold as far as I can see,

Firstly they seem to have stopped supporting it now that their one man band is working on the TM800,

and secondly there reluctance to release the code into the wild where we could all tinker with it and solve most of the problems it has,

Hopefully they will come their senses soon :)

for an SD receiver, and me being someone who deosnt use cccam, i still think the TM600 is a good bit of kit, the hardware, picture and sound wipe the floor with original DM500 and 600 receivers

one or 2 channels have a problem with widescreen on some tellys, but thats no big deal, i have a pre production tm500 running an image thats about 14 months old, and its solid

id still recommend one over a clone receiver, if only for the better sound and picture

Original DM500 and 600 are at least 4 years old...and can hardly be considered "current" in the Dream range...It would be a bit worrying if fairly recent TM hardware didnt have better picture or sound...considering they are at least 3 years newer...

Hardware wise though...the DM600 still outspecs the TM 600 in terms of amount of RAM, flexibility with swappabale tuners, onboard analog modem etc...

Ultimately though it's the software support which is the bigegst downfall though.. the most common CS cam is CCCAM for most people, without the basics like CCCAM being flawless and major bugs like widescreen fixes not being fixed with any urfency..it's not all that much an attractive option...

I would have defintely bought a TM600 had they had good official OpenPLI image or Nabilosat...and CCCAM full support...as it was...I opted for a DM600 clone instead...

Still I agree the TM600 is a good piece of kit, held back by the software...the price point is right as is the hardware capibility...

the widescreen problem isnt just on some telly's i have installed around 20 of the tm500/600 receivers, and everyone has had the same problem, it is reported that the widescreen problem only surfaced in later images and wasnt present in earlier releases... C'MON GUYS LOOK BACK THROUGH THE RELEASES COMPARE AND SEE WHAT HAS BEEN CHANGED... @ DIGI i can give you a test c line, and name some channels that are affected if you like, its akin to watchin a skydigibox on a 16:9 tv, with box in 4:3 mode.. some of the picture is missing from the left and right sides of the screen, even though the screen is full......or is it the other way round??

what exactly would we lose if we used one of the ported images, i have pli3 running on a clone dm500 and there is no problem with the picture size? has anyone tried this?

Last edited:

So why don't they? is it a contractual issue between TM and ITgate/Hubtech or is it TM won't pony up the money to get other development teams involved.
As for the widescreen problem I dont seem to have it, at least not on the channels I normally view, so yes if installer, you could post some FTA channels that have this as I would like to check.
Thanks

Installer, thanks for the PM,
but due to me being paranoid about my present isp (you know who i mean) i choose not to try it, but after reading some old posts i found "Clubland tv" on 28E 11222H 27500 FEC 2/3 to be one of the channels affected, and after comparing this to a sl<y box on my sony crt tv (set to 16:9) there is indeed a problem with the picture with black bars at the top and bottom of the screen.
Clubland tv is broadcast at 544*576 but i also found the same thing on Channel 4 10714H 2200 FEC 5/6 which is broadcast at 704*576. I can understand this must be very annoying for those people whose channel choices are affected but i guess i'm lucky so far in that it does not show up on the channels/satellites i use my TM-600 for.
If Technomate had better software support they would be very good boxes indeed,
Come on Technomate, pull your fingers out and get these bugs sorted.

clubland is fine on a TM600 on my HARWA TV and on an LG, but using all EXACTLY the same leads etc on a samsung tv, the problem shows up

anyone tried cutting pin 8 out of a scart lead and trying it? with AUTO w/s on the tv turned off?

Back