TM600 New firmware 4/7/10

OK I've been thinking about this for a while, and if I remember correctly pin 8 goes high (12V) as a switching signal then drops to (6V) to indicate a wide screen transmission (I think, correct me if i'm wrong) perhaps some Tv's have a wider voltage detection around 6V than others or even flat screen Tv's ignore this signal as they scale the video signal to fit their resolution anyway.
But remember some channels are not affected as they are displayed correctly. As soon as I get chance I will try a different scart lead and cut pin 8 to see if this works, but I think it's more a software issue as only some channels are affected.

I've got mine hooked up to my TV using component cables and the problem still exists.

Regards

Liam

not much diference between the tm800 and this reciever here https://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/index.php?threads/237175/

apart from the saving that is..

Si

That reciever doesnt look a bad deal at 115 quid...less than half the price of the TM800. Currently theres a fair few alternative options that offer significant savings over the TM800 and better software support with similar or better features...the spiderbox, solomend/sathawk, dm800 clones...to name a few...

Last edited by a moderator:
i just checked the site this morning and its now 80 quid..... i'm gona have me one of those...

ok 115 incl p&p didn't see that one coming...

Last edited:
Ok, back on topic, almost
I have been playing with the wide screen issues somewhat and when i checked the >Setup>System Settings>AV settings on the TM-600 and found I hadn't changed them from their default settings after the last image upgrade, they were set to 4:3 and CVBS so changed to RGB and 16:9 and saved. Now all the channels I have tried so far display correctly including "Channel 4" and "Clubland TV" on my Sony CRT TV set to 16:9
Please tell me it can't be that simple?

Ok, back on topic, almost
I have been playing with the wide screen issues somewhat and when i checked the >Setup>System Settings>AV settings on the TM-600 and found I hadn't changed them from their default settings after the last image upgrade, they were set to 4:3 and CVBS so changed to RGB and 16:9 and saved. Now all the channels I have tried so far display correctly including "Channel 4" and "Clubland TV" on my Sony CRT TV set to 16:9
Please tell me it can't be that simple?

The issue still exists when set to 16:9 but doesn't bother me since I don't watch any of the effected channels however UR team should sort the problem.

ok heres a good 1

i connected up a tm500 to my lg 16:9 19" tv in the bedroom, i turned it on this morning and the widescreen bug was not there, all chanels displayed correctly, i was about to eat some humble pie....

i then noticed that setanta channels were not displaying as was history +1 due to them changing freq recently of course.. . so I downloaded the latest channel list, thanks go to tonedeaf for his efforts there..., ftp'd to the box, rebooted and guess what, the damn widescreen bug back again, arghhhhh....
why could this be??

Maybe try a restart or reboot first? and check the AV output settings, perhaps they may have changed.
This could be interesting if the bug goes away for you with an older channel list, perhaps worth a try.
What program and version do you use to send over the channel list? I use DBedit V2 as V3 causes problems for me.

As for the EPG bugs I have found that Dubai one on 26E now shows the "now and next" in the banner if I change to that channel and cycle the box through standby,but it doesn't change or update otherwise.
Let us know how you get on

i use dbedit not sure what version, and not at home to try at the minute. i tried an older channel list after i posted the last post, but it still has the problem, in a way i wish it hadnt temporarily corrected itself, as its just bugging me more now. I'm gonna have a look at the hd box referred to earlier in this thread and if i think its any good, i'm gonna scrap technomate altogether, which is a shame as i like the box apart from these 2 issues, but their lack of commitment to resolve these problems has less than inspired me to spend more hard earned and scarce cash. I attempted to upload pli image to it today via ethernet but tcc wouldnt let me connect to the box even though i had updated the password in setup, yet another issue...

Did you tick the little box in Tcc something like "other boxes" can't remember exactly right now, that's caught me out before. TM's seem to be pretty good boxes but need better software support at ironing out these annoying little bugs. If they don't get on with sorting the TM-500/600/800 images I think many people will start looking at other boxes with better software support. I'm watching the development of the TM-800 images to see how they get on before making a choice for another box I don't really need anyway.

ya, i guess. i ticked that box alright, ah well time will tell i guess.... it just seems too little too late, these issues are not present on any other make of box, and lets face it, these type of machines have been around for a very long time, and i just think that there shouldnt be these problems, after all they are more or less a copy of the dm500/600. I guess i've just got to the point of no return regarding technomate... pity but cest la vie...

turned on tv inn bedroom last night and again the widescreen problem has gone, i check using RTE1, an Irish tv channel, usually half of the logo is missing, but last night, it was fully viewable, and again this morning, strange..

That is strange, perhaps keep an eye on it an try to see when the problem appears, like box warm/cold, changing channel, coming out of standby etc.
OR
Keep your fingers crossed lol

Back