tm600 dvb tuner

crazydiamond

Inactive User
Reaction score
as posted last week, still have problems with my tm600 scanning, the dish cable and lnb are all fine(have tested with another box).
can anybody point me in the right direction,think i need to replace the tuner (if thats what its called, where the sat cable is attached to on rear of the box).any help would be great.

if youve tested everyting else, try re flash the box, if tat fails to solve te problem, send it back to woever you got it from and get a replacement.

thanx, i have re flashed a number of times but its no different.
im in spain and had box 12mths so out of warrenty.

Contact TM directly and see if they can help you out even though it's out of warranty.

Tuners are fixed in these recivers I believe...i.e: soldered to the mainboard..also I dont think spares are easily sourcable have a look on ebay for replacment tuners.... If you cant get one TM maybe your only source...

Funny thing is that ITGate used to offer 24 months/ 2 years warranty on their recievers. Even though TM 500/600/800 is rebadged ITGate equipment they only offer 12 months warranty.

If they cant help you...then your probably going to have buy a new reciever...

try move your dish to hotbird or astra 19 where the signals are stronger than astra 28, i didnt realise that you were in spain, it maybe that the signals are too weak?
if hotbird etc come in ok, it may be the problem.. what size dish you got and were in spain are you, north, south etc

thanks for replys, im on the costa blanca with 1.9mtr dish, dish and lnb are fine as i have tested another box (also tm600) and that scans fine.
have looked on ebay but found nothink.
oh well, looks like another box, anybody know any of any good deals.

This is 2nd hand info got from other thread on here, the new tm500 super seems to be the one to go for, if you dont want to go for a tm800hd that is.... search through fleabay..

Oh just to mention, i have had a few instances where the tm500 600 have kept coming up on screen, wrong data transmission only way out of it was to replace the lnb, i know this isnt the problem you have as youve tried another 600 and it worked, check what image on that box and copy over the satellites.xml file and channel list, ftp them to your box and see if that cures it before you get another box... just a thought..

Back