TM5402HD M3 Issue

holmroad

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi, thought I'd posted this query the other day, but heyho.
Recently my TM5402HD M3 (patch 146P) PVR usb device is no longer showing and I can only access one usb - e.g. to backup channels etc
Maybe a proper system reset could retrieve it, or last resort may be the dreaded capacitors may be bulging and need replacing - just wondered if anyone else experiencing these issues?

I've worked with 5402's for the past 6 years, I've yet to see one with bulging/sick cap's. (The only dead boxes I see are ones that have been killed by lightning strikes, poweer surges etc.)
Have you tried formatting the drive in the box itself?
If that doesn't help, try restoring the box to factory firmware and re-installing Phantompatch. Remember to backup your channel list first though!

Thanks for reply - but no lightning etc etc here - have already reset to factory settings - reloaded patch 146P - pvr and USB BOTH show on initial boot up - lights show on BOTH pvr & usb stick yet one at back not showing on main display or when select to play per recordings! DID have cap issue on prev TM boxes as stated so will have a look later!

Hi thanks for reply! I've found this afternoon that my 1TB external HD has issues after having all my pc mob phone & other backups on it as well as numerousTM5402 M3 pvr recordings - they're all there but currently inaccessible - so still working on how or whether I can resolve things - any offers welcome! So yes it seems BOTH USB on box ARE functioning after all!

Back