TM500super ur image

mudd786

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi guys

just bought these and trying to load a ur image on to it but struggling,

I can see the files on the box via Dcc ftp but when i try using the tm 7.1 to update the image it keeps saying error? socket error etc

I have the TM600s which managed ok bought these for the bedrooms but am struggling? When I purchased the TM500 thats how they were labelled but when received them the are TM500super?

cheers guys

Hi guys

just bought these and trying to load a ur image on to it but struggling,

I can see the files on the box via Dcc ftp but when i try using the tm 7.1 to update the image it keeps saying error? socket error etc

I have the TM600s which managed ok bought these for the bedrooms but am struggling? When I purchased the TM500 thats how they were labelled but when received them the are TM500super?

cheers guys

the tm500super uses the same image as the tm600 m8

im working one at component level to try and add USB sockets to it to create a TM600super ;)

flash the image using the miniweb, its the easiest way

Cheer bud

using the tcc 7.1 it just wont let me do it??

where as the TM600 was straight in? I am a little worrid with these coz after auction had finished ebay had removed the listing and said if you havent paid yet we advise you not too? the were from vikingsatuk,

are the tm500super boxes ok??

when i use the mini web method I don not get your screen that you show in your guide?? I get a enigma thingy with epg and bouquet etc?

iv bought 5 and am finking have i got stung now :Cry:

turn the power off, press and hold the front standby button, turn power on, and wait for a number, if your router is 192.168.1.1 then in a web browser enter 192.168.1.number

this is the miniweb, and youll see the update option m8

the screen youre seeing is the web interface, not the miniweb

the tm500super is ok, i dont know why it would have been removed from ebay??

thanks mate! that has done it!!!!

how do I load on tone deffs bouquet channel list epg thing cheers bud

I dont know where to put the files

really appreciate you help!!

use a prog called dreamboxedit m8

the epg is downloaded from the plugins server, and setup via the remote as the tutorial shows

cheers m8 thats done the trick!!

thanks alot much appreciated

Yeah I think so we only got the images on yesterday, didnt get chance to get it up and running but it does have a slot and obviuosly its normally the cccam that reads it.

if your thinking of using it as a s*erver maybe a dm500 might be better as they are meant to be more stable from what i am reading and the experiance of my tm600 so far

but hopefully will get chance to rig it up tonight and will post!

the tm500super uses the same image as the tm600 m8

im working one at component level to try and add USB sockets to it to create a TM600super ;)

flash the image using the miniweb, its the easiest way

digidude, have you made any progress with adding USB to the 500Super?
I am court in between buying the 600 and 500super.
If the USB mod is possible i'll get the super right away.
Soldering iron ready and waiting!

will these boxes read a $ky card with cccam?
yes :proud:

care to elaborate a bit more?

cccam on its own? or cccam + newcs?

cheers

EDIT:

FORGET IT AS A SERVER THEY SEEM SHITE! constant drop outs banged a standard tm500 toegther and away we go stable as you like!!!!!!!!!!!!

same old sript of cccam+newcs but just not very stable

Last edited:
care to elaborate a bit more?

cccam on its own? or cccam + newcs?

cheers

EDIT:

FORGET IT AS A SERVER THEY SEEM SHITE! constant drop outs banged a standard dm 500 toegther and away we go stable as you like!!!!!!!!!!!!

same old sript of cccam+newcs but just not very stable

So your TM500/600 is not working stable using, cccam+newcs together as a card server then?
Is the DM500 a clone?

no just tried it with the card it did, i use the tm 600 as a server, and since we changed the newcs cccam to liams config i have had no probs at all, just stopped twice because of router needind reseting! i would say this is stable

no just tried it with the card it did, i use the tm 600 as a server, and since we changed the newcs cccam to liams config i have had no probs at all, just stopped twice because of router needind reseting! i would say this is stable

Are you serving a white card on the 600 successfully?

yes,

using liams cccam and newcs setup, no problem

and using cccam only in the clients

ive been saying for ages, use newcs to read the card, and if you HAVE to use cccam, give them N: lines

Newcs has been stable since the new cards appeared, as it was re-written to work with them at the time

cccam is gemini is dream multimedia, so on anything other than a dreambox, its ported

NewCS all the way :)

I know you did mate its just that davido helped me understand this way and i must be honest this kinda stuff is a little difficult for me to grasp and change, so when you say n lines thats a jet overe my head at the moment!! its difficult with a 3 year old always wanting your attention to be able to sit down and make good solid progress!!
davido was kind enough to spend hours baby stepping us! lol
even now we have got the setup working we are finding it difficult to get the epg to work correctly,

were used to the nokia dbox2 you see where when you bring the bouquet channels up i.e main entertain etc thats where it would display what is on the channel so you can easily see what is on while browsing through the bouquets

cheers m8

I know you did mate its just that davido helped me understand this way and i must be honest this kinda stuff is a little difficult for me to grasp and change, so when you say n lines thats a jet overe my head at the moment!! its difficult with a 3 year old always wanting your attention to be able to sit down and make good solid progress!!
davido was kind enough to spend hours baby stepping us! lol
even now we have got the setup working we are finding it difficult to get the epg to work correctly,

were used to the nokia dbox2 you see where when you bring the bouquet channels up i.e main entertain etc thats where it would display what is on the channel so you can easily see what is on while browsing through the bouquets

cheers m8

Exactly what problem are you having with the EPG?

I'm had no prob installing, configuring and using WeekEPG 3.3b on TM500\600's . Yes it behaves slightly differently but works fine.

RL

Back