TM500super not scanning

grindhog

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi all
I have the same problem that was posted a very days ago by crazydiamond.
My Tm500super will not scan in certain channels.
I usually use my backed up services/services/xmls to load
all channels through the upload function on Dbedit which has worked on other
supers but only the channels it scanned in first are now working. I have some
channels working such as S** Prem & S** prem +1 but other movies not
working.
Same with Sports have Seta** but not others
This is the second time this happened with a TM500super.
I think its possibly a tuner/hardware problem
Anybody any ideas please.

channels tend to move on a tue/wed, also, this week, new transponders have been added to the satellite

you may need an updated satellites.xml file

Thanx digidude for your help .

Would you know where the update Sat.xml file go? Is it var/etc
or var/tuxbox/config/enigma or some other dir.
thanx in advance

Hi all

Still have problems with 2 Tm500super boxes. The problem started when I scanned for
chs on 28.2e the scan starts at freq 10729 instead of the correct 10714 and only half
the channels scan in. Also some of the BBc Fta channels do not work and some BBcs do.
(a funny one that) I added the channels after with Dbedit thru my Services/Bouquets
Sat.xml backups and they still do not work.
Even put original image on and reloaded latest tm500super image on then.I am wondering if it would have scanned full on the original image but the remote would not work so i could not check.
One of the boxes worked for a time then the same problem "wrong data transmission" Put box back on midweek and worked again but since have same Prob.
Anybody have same problems and any solutions around.
Grindhog

Have you got any other different reciever to test with ? If so does a different reciever succesfully pickup the channels and transponders that dont work on the TM500 super ?

If the other reciever works correctly and picks up channels OK, you may have a issue with the tuner or maybe image issue...

If the other reciever also doesnt work with the same channels...maybe cabling, LNB, dish alignment issue...

thanx GSMTECH,
Can confirm that other Boxes including TM500s worked on my setup so that it is not a
Dish/Lnb/signal problem.
I am leaning towards a Tuner issue but dont know at this stage.Two things are strange
about this:
1. Why say BBC1 London does not scan and BBC 1 East scans in and works and
2 why do the scanning ranges differ.
In my satellite Tm500 setup i like to choose no diseq but have to choose 2
Satellites with toneburst and then change it to one satellite. This is the only way I can get the diseq to change to direct. Could this be an issue? BTW i am using
a quad with a FTA box elsewhere on the system. all lines on a quad are independent
are they not.
Grindhog

Back