TM-TWIN OE HD Satellite receiver/Spec

This has been confirmed to us today so no more speculation :)
release details will be announced after October 20th

Well, tomorrow's the 20th - anyone else wondering what (if any) the announcement will be?

all I can say is all I know
and that it is going to be considerably cheaper than its rivals but with much more spec, thats all I know although looking at prices of its rivals I do have a price in my head but its pure speculation lol

Nothing yet, maybe something in November, December at latest. I hope

dream are stepping up security on enigma 2, would technomate buy a licence for enigma 2, or would they go a different route, such as duolabs and others have done because of the legal implications.

'Enigma2' is a 'trademark' name, if used to describe the operating system in linux based satellite receivers

the EXACT same operating system, is called 'Open embedded operating system' and is open source

Enigma2 = OE

theyre one and the same thing

but, unless youre DMM, you cannot actually CALL it Enigma (on a satellite receiver)

'Enigma' is trademarked for a few different 'products'

coding stuff
diamonds
pens
satellite receiver software

its just a name covered by 'intellectual property rights' they actually own nothing

thanks for clarifying that digi , well looking at the spec it will be a really good receiver from technomate if they use engima2 might be as good a box as the coolie

Still no word on this?

I thought it would be out by now to get some xmas sales.

It'll probably be released half finished next year a few weeks before a major sporting event like the Olympics..... hmmm, sounds familiar :)

TM would be foolish to release any other Linux box that is seriously not at least 95% finished, and I don't think they will tbh
the TM800 must have been a massive headache for them and I doubt they will do it again, would be financial suicide

searching a popular auction site with the term "TECHNOMATE TM-TWIN-OE LINUX DIGITAL RECEIVER" gives a result and it's £300??

Anyone know if they are released?

Intresting it does indeed show up on a certain well known auction site. So 300 quid puts it a more or less in the same price bracket as a VU DUO.
But the hardware spec on paper on the TM is higher... See how things go with this one, we all know hardware is less important than software in the Linux reciever world...Dream have average over priced hardware, but are still top dogs on the strength of software quality and support.
Also with the VU DUO clone apparently now in production, will be intresting to see what price this ends up at on release.

with the current balls up with technomates current enigma2 boxes peeps gotta see there selling a dead horse
ANY E2/E1 BOX THATS HAS IQ/ET/UR/TECHNOMATE behind them WILL 100% FAIL AND PEEPS KNOW IT LOL

grab a vu or even a dm800se clone save your self the trouble of empty promises and "follow abc" bolloxs tm are dead in the water with there enigma trials heheh

cheers

osborne82

No way would I even consider a TM linux STB ever again if the same team/s are on it.

As I sit here waiting for my VU+ Uno to be delivered :)

with the current balls up with technomates current enigma2 boxes peeps gotta see there selling a dead horse
ANY E2/E1 BOX THATS HAS IQ/ET/UR/TECHNOMATE behind them WILL 100% FAIL AND PEEPS KNOW IT LOL

grab a vu or even a dm800se clone save your self the trouble of empty promises and "follow abc" bolloxs tm are dead in the water with there enigma trials heheh

cheers

osborne82

Cant argue with that...I wouldnt be surprised if this is still coming out of the ITGate factory, still supported by UR/IQ/DS or whatever else they decide to rename themselves as...
Depends really how much of a "clone" of the VU DUO it really is. If done properly and it natively supports the VU drivers, bootloaders, images etc...should be OK..

Sit back and see how it turns out, and yeh dont be silly enough to buy one until it's been confirmed that it works as advertised, otherwise you've only got yourself to blame !

Back