TM 800 project?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: TM 800 project has Failed?

excuse me for being frank .... but you are talking out of your arse
You are making assumptions that are very wide of the mark

You talking out of your arse, not me.

When tm9100 came out i did work hard testing it and even sent my D+ card when they asked if i could, so they could test and make it work on the slots. Pointless saying that card never mnanage to work on it and took me about and year to get it back.

Not talking of my arse because i have been there and saw it happening in the past.

Is it me who is talking of my arse by assuming the model is an abortion and not suported as it should, or optimistics like you assuming it will be fully suported and functional in near future? This only time will say.

@Digidude

All those teams working on images for it, i have to see to believe it :proud:

but the email has said there is no chance of the tm800 being recalled, abandoned or discontinued

But it's true that the ItGate 800 is being abandoned?

If so, it's more than a little worrying to be honest as it's the same hardware.

Why are so many people so keen to rubbish the TM800, it's quite surprising.

You talking out of your arse, not me.

When tm9100 came out i did work hard testing it and even sent my D+ card when they asked if i could, so they could test and make it work on the slots. Pointless saying that card never mnanage to work on it and took me about and year to get it back.

Not talking of my arse because i have been there and saw it happening in the past.

Is it me who is talking of my arse by assuming the model is an abortion and not suported as it should, or optimistics like you assuming it will be fully suported and functional in near future? This only time will say.

@Digidude

All those teams working on images for it, i have to see to believe it :proud:

I know all about the TM9100 and what it can and can't do and the software development of it ... :proud:

The TM800 has been out for a very short time and like most linux boxes there is always work to be done, this is no different ... the latest image has made huge strides from the very first image released and i'm quite positive we will see further improvements .. there are a couple of teams developing software and another 1 or 2 waiting in the wings once the source becomes public.

There are some good support forums for both the TM9100 and the TM800 ... you just need to open your eyes

I know all about the TM9100 and what it can and can't do and the software development of it ... :proud:

The TM800 has been out for a very short time and like most linux boxes there is always work to be done, this is no different ... the latest image has made huge strides from the very first image released and i'm quite positive we will see further improvements .. there are a couple of teams developing software and another 1 or 2 waiting in the wings once the source becomes public.

There are some good support forums for both the TM9100 and the TM800 ... you just need to open your eyes

It would be nice to know who these teams are ?For me its no necessary to have many teams :Its enough to have Mediaplayer,working webinterface ,full hdd usage and cardreader issue and audio problem (it works not so good when audio track is changed).Many teams means more choise and more headaches!

regards

But it's true that the ItGate 800 is being abandoned?

If so, it's more than a little worrying to be honest as it's the same hardware.

Why are so many people so keen to rubbish the TM800, it's quite surprising.

If the itgate has been abandoned, it wont affect technomate at all, as itgate is just a brand name. if clarke tech goes bust, will the normal technomates stop being produced? when spiderboxes are abandoned for the all new and improved whateverbox, will mvision boxes stop being produced?

2 different brands can sell the same thing in different areas, if one brand vanished for whatever reasons, the other can keep going

the spiderbox and mvision boxes are created in the same factory, but are bought and supported by 2 different companies

if itgate has gone bust or whatever, what about the TM500/600? or the new TM500 Super? if Pepsi goes bust, does coca-cola have to cease trading by default?

i personally think (and hope) its a storm in a teacup, being twisted and exaggerated with the sole intention of causing panic

for those of you who have a receiver, and something for those who dont have one to think about, how many places offer a full refund based on the reason 'if youre not happy' after owning it for 2 months? based solely on 'not needing the aggro caused by forum rumours' can you imaging phoning the highly helpfull staff in some shops, after 2-3 months, and saying 'id like a full refund as ive heard a rumour that your receiver......blah blah'

if you really think youll be stuck with a lemon, use the offer to bale out now, and cross your fingers that the story is true

ill be holding on to mine though, as i think that with the right image, itll be one hell of a receiver

soon as I see this I could see it for what it is

Technomate ain't some little back street shop you couldn't swig a cat in,its a established retailer/supplier that from what I have seen so far looks after its customers 100%

and if there was any problems I would think/hope they would let there retailers know of any mishaps

they must read these kinda posts a cringe then get angry at all the crap they read about there products

for those of you who have a receiver, and something for those who dont have one to think about, how many places offer a full refund based on the reason 'if youre not happy' after owning it for 2 months? based solely on 'not needing the aggro caused by forum rumours' can you imaging phoning the highly helpfull staff in some shops, after 2-3 months, and saying 'id like a full refund as ive heard a rumour that your receiver......blah blah'

Dear Mr DarkTurd,

I have been having all sorts of difficulties with the so called 'free gift' provided with the Spiderbox that I bought from you and would therefore appreciate a refund. The problem is <click>....... hello?...... hello?..... <banned>

soon as I see this I could see it for what it is

Technomate ain't some little back street shop you couldn't swig a cat in,its a established retailer/supplier that from what I have seen so far looks after its customers 100%

and if there was any problems I would think/hope they would let there retailers know of any mishaps

they must read these kinda posts a cringe then get angry at all the crap they read about there products

To be fair some of the criticism is justified...basically TM released a box knowing full well the majority of features werent working...it was a good oppurtunity to maximise sales with the football world cup just about to start... ( this is after it was delayed for a year...and the price was raised 50 quid ..)

Now understandably if you spent 250 quid, you expect fairly rapid progress on all the box features getting fixes ASAP, all thats happenes so far is a whole laod of excuses...and dates slipping...

This in not specifically a TM800 issue, the major bugs like card reader/CCAM issues, widescreen issues etc...havent been fixed on the TM500/600 either...despite UR Team saying they would be months ago...

Yeah maybe in time you'll see a full fetaured decent image on the TM family of Linux recievers...time will then...until then people have every right to complain...TM maybe a worlwide company...but what worldwide company all goes on holiday the the same time ?? none that i've ever come across...

I agree theres no need for the pointless rumour threads like this though...

To be fair some of the criticism is justified...basically TM released a box knowing full well the majority of features werent working...it was a good oppurtunity to maximise sales with the football world cup just about to start... ( this is after it was delayed for a year...and the price was raised 50 quid ..)

Now understandably if you spent 250 quid, you expect fairly rapid progress on all the box features getting fixes ASAP, all thats happenes so far is a whole laod of excuses...and dates slipping...

This in not specifically a TM800 issue, the major bugs like card reader/CCAM issues, widescreen issues etc...havent been fixed on the TM500/600 either...despite UR Team saying they would be months ago...

Yeah maybe in time you'll see a full fetaured decent image on the TM family of Linux recievers...time will then...until then people have every right to complain...TM maybe a worlwide company...but what worldwide company all goes on holiday the the same time ?? none that i've ever come across...

I agree theres no need for the pointless rumour threads like this though...

TM released more through pressure than wholly making money from world cup sales,this has been covered before a few times

TM have also said many many times they would rather refund your money than take critisum for a box they wasn't happy to release

Images have been released within a acceptable time scale I would say

For a company that didn't want to release,who have added a fan after reading posts here
Covering all postage costs

I personally think they should be given a chance,images ain't easy and take time

And there are a few companies that have shutdowns so a fortnights holiday is hardly something to whinge about

:)

Last edited:
:banana::banana::banana:Repeat :banana:Reapeat :banana:Repeat :banana::banana:Repeat:banana:

Reading all posts not many members reding this post and repeating same things again and agin

ur tm team are on holiday eventhough I contacted tm and this is the latest.
to make it 100% clear to all members.

1-Last 2900 to traders +about 100 units to all forums members +beta testers total of 3000 units of tm800 sold are current with fan and latest hardware { NO CALL BACK } being continued by extra 4000 units will be delivered in august.
2-Extra 6000 x tm800 in production will be delivered by about end of September 2010.
3-tm800 has not been abandoned but extended to extra 2 models which will be in the market before end of this year
4-any tm800 owner from this forums feel frighten by some stupid silly rumours which only represents jealousy and weakness can get 100% refund
so please do not fear do not shiver do not get heart attack you can have refund OK any othere suggestion
5-tm is a muti million pound company just check in your google map n18 3bh or n18 3ay you could see the sheer size of this company and is not shaken by this stupid silly rumours has never stop giving service to their customers for last 11 year
6-I repeated myself in different post more than 100 times if you are not happy for god sake return for refund and stop yelling about it
also for members that have not got this box and making suggestion shut up and zip it,
in my opinion tm has been the best in the industry for service and continuity.
I have been buying tm receivers for last 11 years still have tm5000 dapci working perfect and it is about 11 years old.
my tm800 works prefect for what I want also have tm600 works perfect all these rumours and stupid nonsense are coming from weakness and jealousy fabrications of competitors thats all.

I hope by reading above finally you can make up your mind or follow the godfather the mighty and the only one the big big big DARKMAN :banana:that can see things we can not also if we do not buy his boxes we will cursed for life
remember he has spy in all chinese and Korean factories and cameras built in his boxes to monitor US. :grab:
make sure no mistake WE HAVE TO follow him and listen to him otherwise he will send you to HELL HELL :Clap::Clap::Clap:

And there are a few companies that have shutdowns so a fortnights holiday is hardly something to whinge about

:)
there are lots of companys that do a shutdown

jaguar ,kodak to name 2

and to think
my very best friend (i will send you a freebee if you back me)
darkman /magic/bobi
and how many more names he has
is behind it all

you all seen the sh*te he caused and posted while he was here and now you are all getting sucked in by him again

TM are hurting him he knows this so he is fighting back the only way he can by rubbishing TM and there boxes

why u may ask because he cannot ban anybody on this forum who disagrees with him

mate, it is law in UK to refund before 2 months. Trading standard Law, as they selling a product that does not work
I know Technomate as a lot of things but not as a charity place.

Something must be really wrong for those refunds to be issued. Going the hard way would cost more, so they might as well refund
As for ItGate and that model, they are not oems, they are the same with different fronts and romotes, and if itgate goes down who is going to support it ? Not the same as mentioned for Mvision and spiderbox.
Technomate will not go bust but if the product is dodgy, but ITGate decides to give up on it, who is going to suport it driverwise?

Here is where all come from, they produce it - It`s the Gate to your world - ITGATE -

As for teams and forums supporting it, the importance of them is relative as all depend on CVS to be stable and that is all down to producters enginneers to sort out

contacted tm again today about lots of side talking of few pessimistic members views.
for some worried members please read below:banana:REPEAT :banana: :banana:REPEAT :banana:REPEAT :banana:REPEAT

1-tm will 100% full refund to any members in this or any other forums if they are not happy with tm800
2-technomtae is open 6 days a week 9 to 6 and answer any problems by phone or email .
for attention of few members stop making up lies about tm service even some tm staff are on holiday for a very short time.
3-few boxes by total mistake and under pressure sold to few members which they are making such a big deal out of it sounds like their total
belonging has been lost.
do not fear do not panic do not cry do not slander tm is not a Mickey mouse company they promised you they will refund you
so stop worrying and getting so stressed up.
4-tm guy told me they are angry and pissed off about all these stupid comment lies slander coming out of hand full members which some even do not have this tm800 and trying to rubbish it as they are worried about their copy boxes might not sell or just hate to see tm being success full.
5-in a few weeks all these pessimistic members will be surprised when image gets finished after that what are they going to say.may be cry:banana::banana:

this was the last message from download center before going holiday

Download center

1-Added in av setting resolution function ( support only pal, ntsc, 480p-60, 576p-50, 1080i-50, 1080i-60, 1080p-24, 1080p-30 )
menu -> setup -> System -> A/V Settings
2- Hot key V.FORMA in rcu
wizard in first setting menu
3- added pvr function
(it is ready for only recoding and playing)this function is very basic later date there will be full function pvr }
just record can watch another channels at the same time
{ No rewind -forward or other functions }
4- added hot key "UHF" function
5- added hot key "TV/AV" function in rcu
6- added hot key "INSTALL" function in rcu (only old rcu)
7-added hot key "POS" function in rcu
8- added deep standby function {press and hold stand by button }
9- improve "Changing Box Password" (ask current password)
10- fixed channel list bug
11- fixed power function bug
12- fixed network bug
other remaining functions will be fixed with in next 30 days
there will not be any image re leased for next 30 days

Remember Darktwat was the one that said the TM800 didn't even exist and would never be released. His business practices are atrocious and he should be investigated.

mate, it is law in UK to refund before 2 months. Trading standard Law, as they selling a product that does not work

Something must be really wrong for those refunds to be issued. Going the hard way would cost more, so they might as well refund

it maybe law but that doesn't mean the company has to tell everyone about it,most company's just sit back and let the customer find out info them selfs

the product does work,your trying to make it sound 100% worse than it is lol
some features are not working/activated YET

they are not issuing refunds because something is seriously wrong,again TM have explained they are offering refunds if customers are not happy,I call that excellent customer service

we are willing to give anyone a chance just look at the Satronic thread

out of interest do you sell the TM 800 or any TM receivers

Last edited:

so reading this if i buy a box say a spiderbox off you and within 2 mths the gift stops you will give me a full refund
because it doesnt work??

go on tell me i am wrong

also tell me where on the TM web site or any web site where they say the TM800 is a fully functioning box they are still working on it
useing you logic here
the spiderbox wouldnt work on ccam 2.14
would darkman/magic/bobi have issued refunds because the box doesnt work

in your dreams

As for ItGate and that model, they are not oems, they are the same with different fronts and romotes, and if itgate goes down who is going to support it ? Not the same as mentioned for Mvision and spiderbox.
Technomate will not go bust but if the product is dodgy, but ITGate decides to give up on it, who is going to suport it driverwise?

I'm getting a bit tired of the above person continually posting negative comments about Technomate receivers and their misgivings. We all know the possibilities and the pitfalls of owning a Linux based Technomate receiver which you don't need to continually point out. Considering that the 500/600's have only been available for approx 1 year and the developments that have been made within that year by 1 team, I'd say it's pretty good going. I have a receiver under my TV that has been running untouched now for more than 4 months and does everything that I need/want. Yes there are improvements that could be made with the receiver "fine tuning" you might say, but for general use on a day to day basis its a very reliable stable receiver with a very well written image. Thankfully most members on DW are slightly more intelligent than the "Tards" that listen to and follow Darkman and are quite prepared to wait for the latest image for the Technomate 800, the last one was a great improvement on anything that was produced before, and you've got to hand it to Technomate, the fact that they are willing to give you a refund for your receiver if you aren't completely satisfied. Perhaps we should start spamming alternative forums pointing out the similarites between the M-Vision and the Spiderbox and risk getting banned from any controlled by Darkman. So please crawl back under the stone from whence you came and leave the more intelligent members to get back to what we do best.

Thanks for your input Satfooldeals as it isn't wanted.

Regards

Liam

Last edited:

:Clap: :Clap: :Clap: well said that man :Clap: :Clap: :Clap:

Liam you speak sense just like myself ;) lol

its so much nicer to read possitives

Latest news on technomate.com

News

Rumors concerning TM-800 HD Linux
24th July 2010
There has been some rumors concerning TM-800 HD Linux .

TM-800 have not been abandoned but has been extended to extra 2 models using same chip expecting on sell by about November this year.
we are expanding into linux receivers very strongly and making sure our customers are fully satisfied.

TM-800 is going very strong already 3000 units sold successfully also 4000 units will be delivered by middle of August
followed by extra 6000 units by end of September. Expecting more deliveries of TM-800 before end of this year.

These Rumors are100% false and fabrication of some frighten and desperate competitors fears losing business because of TM-800 success
also do not want Technomate to be successful in linux.
Please do not get this type of lies serious.
Contact our Head quarter for more information.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back